The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1defensor de oficio masculinedefensora de oficio feminine
- And most are defended not by private attorneys but by public defenders or appointed lawyers.
- A parole petition had to be agreed upon by the public defender, district attorney's office, and the presiding judge.
- Texas has no public defenders at all; defendants must rely on court-appointed lawyers who are given few resources with which to mount a defense.
- The public defenders representing Workman at trial told him his guilt was a foregone conclusion.
- Judges also often assign public defenders who have no experience in death penalty cases, such as tax lawyers.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!