Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(company)editorial feminineI went to see my publisher or publishers — fui a ver a mis editores
- From the sale of music the publisher will pay the composer a royalty.
- The artists were needed to create the music, the publishers to distribute and market it.
- Such practices should only be attempted by experienced journalists and desperate music publishers.
- She was commissioned by a publisher to produce the book which has just gone on sale all over the UK.
- The books which these new publishers issued were nearly all originals.
- So, what motivated the publisher to publish a book that may not have much commercial value?
- He signed a contract with a publisher to produce a book consisting of a critical analysis of economics and politics.
- Since there was no copyright law, Beethoven sold his music to publishers for a flat fee.
- If you're a first time author, do publishers just reject books like this?
- The ceremony celebrates the nation's favourite books, authors and publishers.
- New technology means publishers are prepared to print books on demand.
- You hear of people sending books to 15 different publishers and having them thrown back at them.
- It is absolutely essential for the big publishers ' financial health that most such books should succeed.
- The agent offered the book to publishers as one of a series following the course of Caesar's life.
- The biggest challenge for book publishers is interesting boys in their product.
- Toole's mother then took on the task of trying to find a publisher for the book on which her son had laboured so hard.
- It is refreshing to see a book like this published by a mainstream publisher.
- His books and articles were often refused or censored by publishers and editors.
- The publisher of academic journals plans to return to double-digit growth next year.
- Under US copyright regs, publishers don't need permission to produce a revised edition.
2(job title)editor masculineeditora feminine
3US(newspaper proprietor)dueño de un periódico masculinedueña de un periódico feminine
- Both the advertiser and the publisher of the newspaper or other medium will be guilty of the offence.
- They invited various publishers, including the managing director of News Corp, to bid for them.
- There is no in-frame linking, and each news headline includes the publisher's name.