The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de polea
- Prior to World War II, the sash (the parts that move) was counterweighted by a temperamental arrangement of cords, pulleys and iron weights.
- It turned out to be a spare pulley used for lifting heavy equipment.
- We come across bright ideas in books, like over-length lines passed through pulleys under floats and the excess taken up by counter-balancing weights.
- At that end, a set of automated pulleys raise and lower noose-like weights onto the end of the veil, which hold the air in for the final part of the sequence, creating a large whale-like shape.
- The dropping weights, connected to the paddlewheel by the cord through pulleys, caused the paddles to churn the water - like an old-fashioned ice cream maker stirring its custard.
- Machines and engines, pulleys and wheels, and the idea that power could be harnessed by man-made devices made the toilsome labor of the past nearly obsolete.
- When I finally rise from my pit of non-slumber, I am extraordinarily positive - despite aching in every limb and feeling like my eyelids are being forced down by lead-weighted pulleys.
- There are two large weights hung from pulleys behind the clock.
- All four cables entered the beam and passed over pulleys near the lower beam cap.
- He described a two-dimensional triangular system of pulleys with weights called a Varignon Frame.
- The capillary-support pressure measuring device was placed between the heel and a sling that was connected by a rope to a ceiling-mounted pulley to raise the heel.
- Any flat bench with a pulley or cord system will work.
- A string was pulled through the hole made by the needle and the string was drawn through a pulley so that weights could be attached to the end of the string.
- Using a low pulley, Arnold raised one arm out to the side, knuckles up, to shoulder height and squeezed.
- One crew-diver controlled its height using a line that passed through a pulley fixed to the seabed and another at the vessel's stern.
- There was a rope as thick as my arm strung across the river, running through a heavy pulley on the barge.
- After having reached a level of 1,000 feet, the expedition was compelled to abandon its elephants, throw away its baggage and climb further by means of cords and pulleys.
- The Vasa Trainer operates on a sled that rolls on a track and comes equipped with all sorts of cords, straps, pulleys and a slew of accessories.
- Little boardwalks lead down to the jetties and a complex set up of ropes and pulleys for setting and raising the nets.
- You'll have to make those parts yourself, and replace the existing steel cable with appropriate cord on the constant force spring pulley.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!