The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
transitive verb pummeling, pummeled, pummelling, pummelled
1darle una paliza aaporrear
- The door shuddered as thumping fists pummelled the wood.
- Feeble fists started pummeling him, beating at his chest.
- He slipped on a pair of weighted training mitts and started to belt and pummel the bag mercilessly.
- I ran to the mirror and began pummeling it with my fist.
- The girl pummeled her weak fists against Rhea's back like some comic damsel-in-distress character in an old movie.
- I propped myself up on my knees and pummeled him with my fists.
- Then his father was lunging after the both of them, and he dodged to the side to avoid being pummeled by a fist twice the size of his hands put together.
- Suddenly, Lotus grabbed the guy's shirt in her fist and almost really pummeled his face in.
- She then proceeded to pummel him with her fists.
- She just stared furiously at me, lips twitching with something to say, fists clenched to pummel me into something similar to hospital food.
- I ignored his yells and continued to pummel him with my fists.
- Mac was on him, a knee punching furiously into his leg, a fist pummelling into his kidneys, Mac had trained for almost every eventuality except for fighting an armed man in a small crammed lift with only his left arm.
- He rises enraged and pummels Dares mercilessly.
- Stroll around to your local multiplex, meanwhile, and take your pick of movies about men shooting, beating and pummelling each other into unconsciousness.
- The court was then told how, on May 30, Howarth caused another £100 of damage to Mr Hopkin's car after pummelling the bonnet with clenched fists.
- He no longer pummels the light punchbag that has travelled with him from home to home over the years, and these days he occasionally uses a cane to assist his progress.
- Perhaps you've punched your PC, pummelled your printer or severed a server; maybe you've blown a fuse trying to solve a problem while talking to tech support and threatened to break someone's legs.
- Once he tried to punch Billy and got pummeled himself.
- I pictured him walking home in the cold, or being held down and pummelled by some delinquent's fists.
- The coach got up, crawled over the glass, and began pummeling Sir Slapshot with both fists.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!