The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of punk
1.1also punk rockerpunk masculine, femininepunki masculine, feminine
1.2also punk rockpunk masculine
2US informal(young hoodlum)hooligan masculine, femininegamberro masculine Spaingamberra feminine Spain
- A cranky, old, blind man, who lives next door is always barking, ‘Turn down that music, you lousy punks!’
- Don, you and the rest of your little buddies are the same worthless rat punks now that you were as 12-year-olds.
- He walks up and says, ‘They're nothing but a bunch of punks.’
- Beer-swilling punks drag race through the river.
- The loudest voices are those of the blustering schoolyard bully who crudely masks his own inadequacies by calling others sissies and punks.
- To them, office punks were nobodies, failures.
- You two are the stupid punks who spiked her drink in the first place!
- You ain't nothin' but a punk anyway, and I'm gonna cut ya.
- I think he was just trying to make me feel like a useless punk, since the only thing I've ever done with my own hands over any Thanksgiving was stuff a turkey.
- Get the hell away from me you stupid punk!
- He had the kind of face that made him look like a punk.
- Two upside-down Yakuza punks were stepping up onto the platform.
- And we today would be worshiping some pantheon of gangster punks instead of Him.
- There were homeless people, and gutter punks, and crime - muggings and prostitution.
- It's more like several mini-sequences: the botched hijacking, Brian and Dominic's square-off with the Asian punks, and their final confrontation.
- The Setex Security Chief didn't like gang punks any more than Alan did, but he didn't like Alan much, either.
- When he gets mugged by a gang of street punks and left beaten up in an alley, Goda's desire for a gun grows even more intense.
- She turned to see a gang of street punks with chains and very sharp weapons that they showed off.
- The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the streets, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.
- Less than .00001 percent of handguns ever manufactured have been used for illegal activities, and 99 percent of the time by punks some goofy judge figured ought to be out on the street with us.
- They need to be treated like the junkies and street punks that they are.
- We got the most amazing answer - something like $450 million was owed in outstanding fines, with some young punks out there owing up to $90,000.
- Presumably assaulting a 67-year-old woman and threatening to dig up her husband's body makes these nutcases feel like their true revolutionaries rather than pathetic punks.
- While Spidey may not be packing heat or killing punks like Tommy Vercetti, the GTA influenced gameplay makes webslinging so much more exciting than previous games.
- We're all no doubt envisioning worthless adolescent punks who deserve to lose some teeth, but what if the perpetrator is female, or a precocious 12-year-old?
- It tells the story of Ellie, Gerald and Dan, three street punks fresh from reform school, who are desperate and need money.
- The four punks who attacked Sammy were all sitting handcuffed to chairs on the defendant's side of the room.
- It would demonstrate American capabilities to the armed punks who rape, torture and murder the unarmed and helpless on a daily basis.
- Gove is a notorious figure, playing with NYC's gutter punks L.E.S. Stitches and, more recently, street-punk kings U.S. Bombs.
- Chidduck sends his bagman, Sarno, to talk to the punks in a Mexican bordello where they're hiding out.
1(hairstyle/culture) (invariable adjective) punk(hairstyle/culture) punki
2US informal(rotten)de porquería informalberreta River Plate informalwhat a punk thing to do! — ¡qué cosa más baja / rastrera de hacer!
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!