The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of cría
1cría feminine(of dog) cachorro masculine(of dog) cachorra feminineto be in pup — estar preñada
- Kate, who owns Parker, the youngest of the pups, has made the same mistake I made with Poppy when she was little - namely not understanding how much food you have to give them.
- Among popular indigenous breeds such as the Rampur and the Mudhol hounds, the male pups are fancied, leaving only a few males to breed.
- I thought of the prayer I had said when I asked God to help me get two hound pups.
- Johnny awoke to those words the next morning and opened his eyes to see Tom standing over him, already dressed and dangerous-looking, prodding the hound pup with the toe of his boot.
- Blair was adamant about bringing a hound pup along with her.
- He was taken into the care of the National Canine Defence League but the little pup was left so traumatised by the incident he could not be kept with other dogs and had to stay in a temporary foster home.
- A dog-loving teenager is celebrating after her canine friend, Grace, was named the best pup in the county.
- The eight-week-old pups were discovered huddled in a tiny plastic crate on the doorstep of Manchester Dogs' Home, with just a small white fleece to shield them from the freezing early-morning cold.
- The charity is short of volunteer puppy walkers, who care for and educate guide dog pups from six weeks of age for a period of 12 months, when they begin their specialised guide dog training at centres around the country.
- No pups have been handed in to the Dog Kennels so far this Christmas after a frantic appeal was issued to stop them being abandoned after being given as presents.
- Of around 20,000 greyhound pups registered here every year, about half are exported to the US, the UK and Spain.
- The first time wild dog puppies delivered in captivity in the Park, was in 2001 January, when the mother delivered four pups.
- Hester Lockyear of Beacon Bay gets a lick from the Maltese terrier pup she rescued from a roadside hawker in Transkei.
- Breeders who wish to ensure that pups they breed will not be registered with AKC can include a prohibition in their sales contract.
- In fact, nobody would claim that pup - it had a mother, a street dog, and that was all.
- The hound pup he had brought with him from Kettlethorpe raised his head at the stifled sobs that shook Johnny's body.
- The thieves escaped with three Chinese Shar-Pei pups aged six weeks and a five month old American bulldog.
- Some of those involved told Animal Welfare workers they had killed pups they found with the lurcher.
- You should take each pup you are considering purchasing away from its litter to a different area for observation.
- To get Inshy my quick growing pup her last vaccination shot from Dr. Sangeeta Vengsarkar.
- In spring, the seals' breeding season, mother seals and their pups take refuge in agloos - little snow lairs atop the sea ice.
- Leopard seals typically feed on penguins and the pups of other seal species but will eat ‘just about everything they come across,’ Rogers said.
- In 1987 decades of protest culminated in a ban on the clubbing of white-furred harp seal pups in Canada.
- A mother harbor seal watches over her pup on Sable Island off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Researchers suggest this has led to overcrowding on the island, resulting in increased predation of seal pups by sharks.
- Often, people rescue harbor seal pups that they think are abandoned but are actually waiting for their moms to get back from feeding.
- Wolf pups develop rapidly, they must be large and accomplished enough to hunt with the pack with the onset of winter.
- Even as young pups, then, Weddell seals have several anatomical adaptations that enable them to avoid overheating in the sunlight.
- The ability to place young pups as well as older wolves in the wild will inject the population with new genes and increase the numbers of wild wolves.
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service recently reported that a record 55 red wolf pups have been born in 11 litters in North Carolina this spring.
- The nets also pose a serious threat to the endangered Hawaiian monk seal, especially curious pups, which can become entangled and drown.
- When meerkat pups begin accompanying the group, they beg food from older group members, who dig up dispersed prey items.
- Locomotor coordination problems have also been reported for ethanol-impacted rat pups.
- Ringed seal pups do not begin to enter the water on their own until they are several days old.
- Hundred s of precious wolf pups will soon be born in Yellowstone National Park, the southwest and central Idaho.
- A couple of months later we went back to see the grey seal pups which were all over the islands.
- It must be pointed out that in Antarctic fur seals, the pup rearing period occurs during the short (four months) subpolar summer.
- A young seal pup appeared from nowhere, performing an underwater ballet for our benefit.
- The female bears one litter of three to nine pups after a gestation period of 63-65 days.
- As the hunt drew to a close, images of seal pups being butchered outraged activists.
intransitive verb pupping, pupped, pupped
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!