The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de minino
1(cat)minino masculino coloquialminina femenino coloquialgatito masculino coloquialgatita femenino coloquial
- At the grand old age of 22, Wilhemina the puss has enjoyed more than her share of cat lives.
- Between 10 and 15 cats, including a pregnant puss, have been found dead near the intersection of Balmain Rd and Moore St in the past year.
- Apparently, her puss Fang soon tires of any particular flavor and makes life difficult at meal times.
- The puss used up one of her nine lives when she was spotted dodging the Ryanair Boeing 737 as it arrived from Dublin.
- But after two days, the lucky puss was able to return home none the worse after his four-week ordeal.
2(woman)tipa femenino coloquialshe's a bit of a sly puss — es bastante zorra coloquial
- All the better for hearing that you're safe and well, puss.
- What made you think there's an intruder, puss?
- ‘Don't get all huffy, puss,’ Louis said gently.
- ‘Don't worry, puss,’ he said, heading out of the room.
- ‘You're getting me into trouble, puss,’ Louis would say reproachfully.
1(face)jeta femenino coloquial
- There was nothing more exasperating than the snug puss of my Dublin work colleague as he entered the office the morning after.
- He had a right puss on him when he lifted it down off the stool.
- Everybody says she always had a puss on her face, and I always smiled.
- In any case, after looking at his smug puss for an hour or so, I'm far more likely to pass on the son and vote for the parents.
- As for Specter - we're sick to death of seeing his puss.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!