The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of supuesto
1supuesto(father) putativo formal
- The cuckolded father is in this sense also a helper, but we do not use the term for putative fathers.
- Moyes does acknowledge that other putative claimants had seen the technology demonstrated.
- These large FKBPs contain the putative domains reported for interaction with Hsp 90 in animals.
- In the Arabidopsis genome, several putative cellulases can be recognized.
- Elitism establishes itself on such a putative ability to rise above mundane choices.
- We had a confirmatory call from the estate agent this morning, following on her investigation of the status of the putative deal.
- There was a sickening lurch; immediate survival seemed more crucial than a putative riot.
- The real tragedy is that most people in the world are trapped between the horror of a putative peace and the terror of war.
- For six years we have enjoyed the benefits of putative membership.
- These concepts underlie his concerns about the dangers of a dictatorship of the majority in a putative democracy.
- The putative Euro League, for big clubs in small countries, enhances the Old Firm's options no end.
- One putative proponent privately distanced himself from his public praise of Miers.
- Picture the scene on day one of the great knight's putative retirement.
- But he did not reveal any timescale for talks and kept details of putative incentives to himself.
- The putative victim uses a perhaps imagined slight to justify larger retaliation.
- This year's quartet of putative Prime Ministers ought not to be discouraged.
- Acas is also likely to meet ministers in an effort to find out how much money might be available to finance any putative deal.
- The putative buyer backed all the way out immediately, without any suggestion of negotiation.
- The enormity of this kind of response can never be reconciled with the putative causes.
- Our putative buyers really, really want this house, and are making best efforts to sell their own.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!