The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de viga
1viga femeninopar masculino técnicothe rafters — las vigas del techo
- Secure the rafters with two nails driven through each side of the rafters and into each of the double beams.
- You need to be sure these new boards attached to the rafters all come out to exactly the same level, because you need to attach your finishing material to an even surface.
- Nail up a set of reference strings on the rafters that protrude the most into the attic.
- I sighed as I looked up into the rafters of the roof.
- In normal roof construction and roofing, plywood or waferboard sheathing panels are installed over the rafters and meet snugly at the peak of the roof.
- The strands were tucked between the rafters of the roof inside the hut.
- Two days later, they finished the rafters, and in another two days they had a roof again.
- I know that when you are framing a gable roof, you can use collar ties in lieu of attaching ceiling joists to the bottom of the rafters.
- As the rat scurries along the rafters and through the thatched roofs of 14th Century England the infected fleas would drop down off their backs onto the humans below.
- As the rafters supporting the floor above were near this beam, which had to be removed, that portion of the second floor had to be propped by the firemen.
- We used the hints of Monterey style shown in the exposed rafters, porch posts, and white stucco walls as cues for our design.
- Staple the foil to the bottom or side of the rafters, draping it from rafter to rafter.
- Instead of using large rafters to support the roof, a building tradition that is hundreds if not thousands of years old, home builders began to use roof trusses.
- White skylight wells - set above exposed rafters - bounce and diffuse sunlight into the room below, reinforcing the open, airy feeling.
- To make the room feel airy they raised the ceiling to a 12-foot peak and exposed the rafters, then painted the walls and trim white.
- She followed the cat into the barn, where the light was dim and the cool air smelled of hay and things wild hanging from rafters and hiding in corners.
- The taller one spoke next, breaking the silence with his voice echoing throughout the metallic rafters high above them.
- Crystalline chandeliers hung from high rafters and soft music could be heard from somewhere down a long carpeted hallway.
- This one looked like a room in an ancient fortress; the floor and walls were large blocks of stone, with crude heavy rafters above.
- A few small oil lamps were hung from rafters in strategic spots, casting lonesome pools of illumination to steal the gloom from the darkest corners.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!