The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(applause/welcome) calurosísimo(expression) embelesado(expression) extasiado
- They brought their wit and music to the midlands and received rapturous applause.
- Leon performed a handful of his own songs, each one greeted with rapturous applause.
- She described how the mere sight of the Pope's plane was met by rapturous applause and tears of joy.
- Both Sir Alex and Reid gave speeches to rapturous applause from the audience.
- Just a few numbers earlier he was welcomed by a rapturous reception from ecstatic fans chanting his name.
- Camden loved it, and enthusiastically greeted every number with rapturous applause.
- The Knights worked really hard as a team for that win and they deserved the rapturous applause from the fans at the end.
- This time there was no mistake as the ball hit the top corner and Murray ran to the stand to receive rapturous applause.
- To the sounds of rapturous applause and cheers of agreement, Mr Murphy put his foot down and demanded action.
- It amazes me that people actually break out in rapturous applause when somebody successfully hits the ball.
- Dettori waved to the crowd as he passed the post and was met by rapturous applause as he made his way into the winner's enclosure.
- This 38th minute goal sent the Carlow supporters into rapturous applause and a false hope dawned.
- Kay's homecoming was marked by rapturous applause - and at the end of the show he received a standing ovation.
- The students played to packed houses on both nights and everyone involved was delighted with the rapturous response.
- Displaying a power beyond her size, her breathtaking skill drew rapturous applause from a delighted audience.
- As soon as he was released Kelly returned to the performance of Peter Pan and received rapturous applause from the audience.
- Peter then passed the paper backstage before carrying on with the rest of his act, which was greeted with rapturous applause.
- Every act earned a rapturous round of applause from the audience and it wasn't long before people were out of their seats and on the dance floor.
- Yet for all that, this was a win that received a rapturous reception from the home fans, after some anxious moments in the second half.
- Beckham was given a rapturous welcome by fans in Japan earlier yesterday after jetting in for a promotional tour of the Far East.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!