The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de régimen
1(rule)régimen masculinothe Somoza regime — el régimen de Somoza
- For one, wages tend to be lower in authoritarian regimes than in democracies, giving businesses in dictatorships a monetary advantage in selling exports abroad.
- Meanwhile, in southern Europe, Spain, Portugal, and Greece were ruled by authoritarian regimes.
- This sort of empty democratic trapping is a hallmark of authoritarian regimes.
- On World Freedom Day, we also recognize that more than two billion people still live under authoritarian regimes.
- The populations in South Korea and Taiwan suffered at the hands of brutal, US-backed authoritarian regimes.
- The 1979 revolution overthrew a vicious dictatorial regime supported by the West.
- Their puppet regime was overthrown by Fidel, and they will never forget.
- In reply, Van Auken explained that the Soviet Stalinist regime had proven a false counterweight to imperialism.
- Taiwan is a full democracy and North Korea, like the PRC, is a communist totalitarian regime.
- Has the United States supported oppressive regimes in the region?
- World Bank figures in 2000 showed that the number of authoritarian regimes had fallen from 70 in 1980 to 30.
- Nkosi explained that Sisulu was the invisible power behind Mandela's successful defiance of the oppressive apartheid regime.
- And then the United States supported various oppressive regimes throughout the region.
- Governments and regimes around the world were classified as either friendly or injurious to American interests.
- Who could argue with taking action against the regime responsible for such outrages?
- Over the last 30 years they have fought dictatorial regimes in order to gain their freedom.
- Additionally, religion has been used to blunt criticism of, and apologize for, illegitimate regimes and social orders.
- The regime ordered the soldiers to shoot at them but they didn't because how can you shoot at two million people?
- For all their crafty appeals to lower-middle-class grouses, fascist regimes left existing patterns of property and social class largely intact.
2(system)sistema masculinoprison regime — régimen penitenciario
- Of course, economists apply additional tests to tax regimes.
- ‘We have requested Burgoynes to focus on the Assured's cleaning regimes in order to ensure that compliance has occurred’.
- It would in effect change the regime from a reference system to an appellate one.
- This is indeed the desire of many more Zambians outside the public service spectrum who have also been complaining about poor salaries and the high tax regimes.
- The next proposal is to simplify the tax regimes for pensions.
- I recommend Dr Warren's latest observations about the myths and realities of tax regimes.
- The eight different pension tax regimes should be reduced to three and the aim should be to reduce these to one.
- Eventually her interest in the family superseded her interest in the tax regime and she then devoted all of her time to it.
- At his junior seminary in Cumbria, the outwardly pious enforced a regime of physical and sexual abuse.
- The tougher regime should also stop a rather dubious practice in the mortgage industry.
- Besides, why would any Bermudian wish to live in Europe with its cold climate and harsh tax regimes?
- The different tax regimes operating in different countries make it difficult to judge the relative competitiveness of the Irish market.
- The review committee's response was to recommend the establishment of a licensing regime for payment systems.
- The great majority of these sanction regimes have been imposed in the post - Cold War period.
- Once that secret program was found, Blix seized the opportunity to strengthen the entire global nonproliferation regime.
- He had almost succeeded in having the inspection regime removed.
- Additional measures could have further refined and strengthened the sanctions regime.
- All this maybe for naught, however, if the new tax regime fails to stand up to WTO scrutiny.
- Serious questions arise, however, as to whether health privacy regimes should place any limits on the collection of patient data, at least for purposes related to treatment.
- Why does a trade regime become unfair if it tries to promote these same principles internationally?
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!