The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(expression/note) de pesarshe felt very regretful about it — lo lamentaba mucho
- Jason kneeled near the dog, and gave a regretful smile.
- He walked out with somewhat a regretful smile on his face, his eyes lost in the past; he nearly walked into the closed door!
- In one case, a tiny, angry-looking boy is judged sufficiently regretful to return to the school where he threatened a bodyguard.
- Don't get me wrong: I'm not overly traumatized - just occasionally regretful.
- ‘He apologised and was really regretful even though he was not involved in the actual attack,’ he said.
- He said everyone present was deeply regretful about the situation and had really wanted to see the radiotherapy unit become a reality.
- At the same time, I breathe a regretful sigh at the anguish, the desperation and the rage reflected in the letters I hold in my hand.
- But it is utterly regretful that no one could understand the reality.
- I'm thankful for what it's given me, and regretful for what it's taken.
- I am deeply regretful about this mistake of others - no, I will not say sorry.
- However, there is no doubt in my mind that the two officers were genuinely regretful that they were not requested to stop traffic.
- Bragg sometimes seems vaguely regretful about the fact that he is not thought of, primarily, as a writer.
- I give it a regretful look, hoping it won't be my last and turn to head back inside.
- Kent the narrator is wise to the flaws of his younger self, if not exactly regretful.
- His eyes cast themselves to the floor, and his attempt at a smile followed; he looked almost regretful.
- Her smile was slightly sad and regretful, almost pitying as she continued speaking.
- She slipped out the door, relieved that she was able to sneak out, vacating the room, before anything regretful was said or done.
- This is truly regretful and I offer my candid apologies.
- I sat there in quiet, feeling regretful for anything contemptible I ever thought about the many sitting in front of me.
- Overall, there was something in his eyes she had noticed: sadness, a deep, regretful sadness.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!