The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1lamentableit is regrettable that … — + subjunctive es lamentable que …
- Firstly it must be said that all of these incidents are regrettable and that this newspaper in no way condemns the breaking of the law on drugs.
- However, apart from that one rather regrettable episode he'd never found the attic room particularly unsettling.
- The events that led to this claim and counterclaim are indeed regrettable.
- It is therefore regrettable that you chose to print the article in its current form and under a misleading heading on the front page of your paper.
- She said that it had been regrettable that this had occurred.
- He's not exactly acting very honorably in that role or as a man, and I think it's deeply regrettable.
- It may be that the decision to interfere with such an editorial decision will have perverse and regrettable consequences.
- It is regrettable that it has become necessary to deploy policemen in schools, but it is needed as an emergency shock treatment.
- She said it was regrettable that a policeman, who had taken an oath, had come before the court and deliberately misled the court.
- But it is regrettable that awareness is very low, especially among women and at the grassroots level.
- The harsh reality is that the two big banks see the customer as an inconvenience and workers as a regrettable cost that has to be tolerated.
- An ageing spinster behind a bar would far rather discuss the finer points of her son's regrettable taste in women than serve you a beer in under half an hour.
- Business, with a regrettable few exceptions, is booming in a town known the world over because of its famous Rock.
- I find this to be a regrettable stance, in the main because of the breadth of messages contained in it.
- It was regrettable the association had chosen to adopt this approach.
- He said that the violence ‘was regrettable,’ but that security staff must use force to do their jobs.
- The judge said it was regrettable the family had to take legal action and live under the cloud of litigation for the last few years.
- It is regrettable that some biotech companies have already left Europe.
- He said the damaging of the trees was regrettable, but also exceptional.
- It was regrettable that the workers felt that they had been put into a corner where they had to ballot for industrial action.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!