Learn English Grammar From A–Z
transitive verb restrung, restrung
1(violin/guitar) cambiarle las cuerdas a(violin/guitar) volver a encordar(racket) Sport volver a encordar(necklace/pearls) reensartar(necklace/pearls) reenhebrar
- Sarah Maultby, York Museums' Trust assistant curator of social history, said the harpsichord has been restrung using brass and iron music wires that are historically accurate.
- All Mullova did to meet the band was restring her precious Strad with medieval cat gut instead of modern metal, tone it down a tad to baroque standard and borrow an antique-shop bow.
- It was a good racket to begin with, but my boss didn't like the colour; repainted and restrung it.
- Instruments should be arranged loosely and neatly in mesh-bottom trays but should not be restrung.
- On the negative side, compound crossbows are more expensive, difficult to restring and keep in tune, physically heavier and noisier.
- Of particular interest is the accompaniment on a well preserved Erard of 1897 in Jos van Immerseel's collection, restrung recently but otherwise in its original condition.
- Racquet sport players also spend at the pro shop, buying balls, clothing, racquets and shoes and getting their racquets restrung.
- Even to my untrained eyes, I could notice that Will's racket was in terrible need of restringing but it didn't seem to affect his game.
- On the contrary, it is when instruments are not restrung and are transported to decontamination in a haphazard fashion that damage occurs.
- They're restringing their bows, straightening their arrows, sharpening their lances.
- He thought it must have fallen from his pocket somewhere after he'd sat restringing the instrument under his favourite tree, but he hadn't been able to find it again.
- He invited her to sit while he finished restringing his guitar, and they chatted.
- She has worked with jazz musicians, commissioned new works, and is now exploring the possibilities of period instruments, restringing her Stradivarius with gut and using baroque and classical bows.
- Looms can be restrung for future projects with cotton string.
- He quietly took my guitar and started to restring it for me.
- ‘This could take some time,’ he amended, watching Cinaed struggle to restring the bow.
- I wish I'd realised about Lucy's broken guitar string sooner; I could have quickly restrung it up for her if I'd known.
- Once he restrung and polished an old broken ornament to go round Sanjukta's waist - thenceforward the benga patia became indispensable to Odissi.