The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of veneración
1(veneration)veneración femininereverencia feminineto hold sb/sth in reverence — tener veneración / reverencia por algn/algo
- These words reflect the great reverence, respect and love that the Prophet always showed towards animals.
- Respect, honour and reverence for the Lord are the beginning of wisdom; those who act accordingly have a good understanding.
- Punchithaya's tryst with art stems from his admiration and deep reverence for Nature.
- He will be remembered with deep affection and reverence by the countless numbers of people whose lives he touched and influenced.
- In fact walkers are indeed kindred spirits - sharing a deep respect and reverence for the landscape, culture and heritage of the area.
- Our folklore and arts and crafts reflect our love and reverence for the animal world.
- That's why many view the law of the river with nearly biblical reverence.
- He embodies reverence, leadership, honor, and inspiration.
- All of this solemnity had the effect of devitalizing Potter's work, prematurely shrouding it with all the cobwebs of respectability and reverence.
- The zombie genre is one rich in history and it takes a person with honor and reverence for that genre to pull off a good zombie flick.
- The overall appearance of the sculpture is one of elegance and reverence reflecting the dignity of the memorial.
- Let man only approach his own self with a deep respect, even reverence for all that the creative soul, the God-mystery within us, puts forth.
- That is because it is a part of our mourning for the oldest of sons to have his head shaved in reverence to a dead parent.
- ‘Silent Running’ is the grandfather of modern science fiction/fantasy films, and Universal has honored it with respect and reverence.
- Respect and reverence for all religious and philosophical traditions is at the heart of democratic civil society which makes student newspapers possible.
- They were able to persuade people that Stonehenge should be a place of reverence and respect, and to deal with the tiny group of people who felt compelled to climb up the stones without creating a riot.
- When the classical culture invaded Egypt, they sought to capture the deep reverence afforded to Thoth and amalgamated his characteristics into their own god Hermes.
- The woman's presence drew reverence from deep within Portia's soul, though Portia was unaware of the connecting path between their hearts.
- I do not know whence come this respect and this reverence.
- We faithfully attend churches and other religious services, giving reverence and love to the One who called us into being.
2ReligionYour Reverence — Reverencia
- If you want to be more polite you could use His Reverence.
- An anonymous letter was later received by Jim Gahan, declaring his daughter's death served him right because of what he had been saying about ‘His Reverence.’
- Your reverence, I saw four pure black bulls who came from the four directions to fight in the palace courtyard.
- Come hear what his Reverence rises to say, in his painted pulpit, this calm Sabbath day.
- I wrote a long letter to your reverence after your religious profession.
- When I got there in my family's carriage, Jean-Luc, my family's driver, helped me put down my baggage and I said my goodbyes to him, and he made a brief reverence and went back home.
- The large, solid iron gates opened with an ear-piercing shriek and Ithelien carried me across it swiftly; the guards made a reverence as I galloped past.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!