The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de risible
- ‘I cannot imagine how any self-respecting female could possibly conceive of doing such a foolish thing, let alone begin to consider entertaining such risible notions myself,’ I replied curtly.
- But, either way, these arguments strike me as risible; dialectics dissolves in giggles.
- Thing is, I'm having trouble explaining why this film is so risible.
- He has seen ‘antiques with an impeccable history that are materially wrong on every count, and objects that are obvious, risible fakes that pass every test - it makes life interesting!’
- Furthermore, compared to the resources available to the alcohol industry to send out that message, the resources available to governmental organisations to imprint a health warning were risible.
- Its first series back in the sixties may have been judged a failure by the network bosses, its low budgets, poor production values and bad acting may make it risible now, but its accumulated linguistic influence has been substantial.
- The story was nicely timed in public relations terms to swing media coverage away from his risible performance at the tribunal last week, when he was unable to recall matters of facts on a large number of occasions.
- In terms of quality, its accuracy veers from the occasionally passable to the frequently risible, while its all-important readability is even worse - and deteriorating.
- To a lot of Europeans, these judgements seem almost risible.
- The monies promised to upgrade public services are risible, given the scale of the British economy and the size of its population.
- The story has been simplified to the level of a cartoon, the music is portentous and the lyrics are more risible than profound.
- Some have made a career of talking down the Irish economy, but have a risible forecasting record.
- After its risible opening - Princeton admissions officers rifling through applications under cloying voiceover - the movie only sinks lower.
- The very idea of Chef's Theater is so risible that we cannot be sure that the whole thing isn't merely an elaborate, brilliant hoax - indeed we desperately hope it is one.
- His political views could be contested but the notion that he would actually give information to the British about fellow comrades is literally risible.
- The special effects were not unconvincing; they were risible, especially the scenes of the wealthy giantess stalking the countryside.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!