The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1US cockroachcucaracha feminine
- For your gaming pleasure, a whole new assortment of mutant insects have been created including killer roaches, acid-shooting houseflies and fire ants.
- Sofia tells them about the horrid and rancid conditions in which she lives, with fleas, vermin, roaches, and about her job cleaning the dirty sheets.
- When I was a graduate student, the room we were staying in had roaches.
- But once we started asking questions, none of those women would say that they had ever had pests, rodents, or roaches in their homes.
- She told me that he refused to kill roaches and that she had seen them walking in and out of his sugar bowl.
- Pizza boxes would be kicked to knock out the roaches and the mice droppings before being used for a delivery.
- Wouldn't you at least make the slightest noise when there's a roach climbing up your leg?
- And they've also found two new mutations that make the roaches more resistant to pyrethroid and related insecticides.
- I see a roach making its way toward the closet door.
- He was certain there were roaches scurrying about.
- All we could see was a small roach crawling up the wall.
- A roach crawled out from under the bed, making her scream.
- At the back of the drainboard, smack in the middle of the dishcloth, a small brown roach waved his antennae sluggishly-sick, no doubt, confusing his nights and days.
2slang(butt of marijuana cigarette)colilla de canuto feminine informalcolilla de porro feminine informalpito masculine Chile informalchicharra feminine Colombia informalbacha de toque feminine Mexico informal
- I went from car to car in the lot, going up to people's windows when they pulled in, even people I didn't know, but nobody even had a roach.
nounplural roach, plural roaches
1(American, fish)carpa feminine
2(European, fish)rubio masculine
- I caught another two nice roach before catching a few bream up to over five pounds.
- A shoal of small roach will appear as a black cloud suspended in mid water.
- Both had a single bream plus plenty of small roach on feeder tactics.
- I had had about 10 good quality roach when I struck into a real fly away bite.
- I loved to fish there and caught roach and perch as well as the odd boot.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!