The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(sharing room)compañero de habitación masculinecompañera de habitación femininecompañero de cuarto masculinecompañera de cuarto feminine
- We were room-mates during my formative years in international cricket.
- His room-mate was not in the room at the moment, which made him glad.
- There was a major improvement to her college living conditions this semester; she and Leah were now room-mates.
- If your room-mate snores, ear plugs are the answer.
- Today, her old college room-mate Jess was coming to live with her.
2(sharing apartment)compañero de apartamento masculinecompañera de apartamento femininecompañero de piso masculine Spaincompañera de piso feminine Spain
- For the last two years they have been room-mates in the same house.
- We haven't been room-mates for nine years, and it wasn't even in this flat!
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!