Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1vaca sagrada feminine
- It has consistently tackled the sacred cows of sex, religion and politics with wit, irony and hard criticism leaving behind carcasses of exposed folly and evil.
- The idea of paying bloggers is a controversial one, as it challenges some of the sacred cows of the journalistic publishing business.
- We need constructive criticism of our most sacred cows.
- Old assumptions are being questioned, sacred cows slaughtered, new ideas floated.
- When is a traditional practice a sacred cow, however, and when is it an important cornerstone to safe patient care?
- The ascent of star presenter over stubborn creator will be dissected in the coming weeks, along with the sacred cows of public subsidy and the education industry.
- From the Diefenbaker era to the end of the Mulroney years, federal regional development programmes were a sacred cow in Canada, and successive governments rivalled each other in seeking new forms of organization to carry it out.
- McGruder is the creative genius behind The Boondocks, a five-year-old comic strip that honors no sacred cows and eviscerates politicians of all stripes.
- In perioperative nursing, we speak of our sacred cows, which are those ideas and practices so deeply entrenched in what we do that they are impediments to change.
- You have to slay the sacred cows, publicly, in a high-profile way.
- That's unlikely: Taking on such sacred cows would be political suicide.
- On another note, the Rocket Prof had better stay anonymous if he's going to take on sacred cows like global warming.
- It will also need a radical rethink of some of our current sacred cows in foreign policy, e.g., the extent to which it is driven by trade.
- Because the NHS is the sacred cow of British politics - with no party willing to admit that they are prepared to retreat from the central commitment to fund a free service, whatever it costs - we have still not got to the heart of the matter.
- ‘Family’ tends to be a sacred cow but personally I disagree.
- In that case, his leadership was the sacred cow.
- It's true that the social institution of the Domestic Violence shelter has become a sacred cow, never to be challenged or disputed.
- Another sacred cow is that the market knows best.
- There's nothing like a little sacred cow bashing to get people to listen!
- Selected for screening at the prestigious Raindance Film Festival last year, the film has attracted widespread notoriety for its criticism of one of the sacred cows of development thinking: fair trade.