Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(for acrobats)red de seguridad feminine
- But the cliff under me crumbled away beneath me, and I fell without a safety net there to catch me.
- This new building is very close to the road and very high with no fencing around it or a safety net to catch anything that might fall.
- Tiger's branch was then cut off, while the SPCA waited below with a safety net to catch her.
- Hanging from an overhang by a bare knuckle with not so much as a carabiner, let alone a safety net to halt your fall, I hear you gasp.
- Take away that safety net and the fall is much harder.
- They act as a safety net, comparable with the safety net of a trapeze artist.
- This latter alternative is the equivalent of performing a trapeze act without a safety net.
- The National Hockey League has decided to hang safety nets to protect spectators.
- A safety net could have been suspended beneath the area where workers could fall.
- The spreading recession has exposed gaping holes in the safety net for workers and the poor.
- Workers have seen the standard of living, the social safety net, and wages decline over the last thirty years.
- They see us as do-nothing union workers who want a cushy safety net so we can suck off the government.
- The United Nations was seen as the best safety net to protect against this pitfall.
- It has also helped address poverty through improvements to the social safety net and other social sector programs.
- If your career is on the way down, panto is a celebrity safety net, one last greasepaint refuge where you can still revel in audience adulation.
- It has taken months of work by aid agencies to effect a safety net that will minimise the number of deaths from the effects of starvation this winter.
- That would give a healthy mixture of attack and defence in the line-up and throw in a safety net in case of collapses.
- It is only 10 days since the government's new pensions safety net, the Pension Protection Fund, came into effect.
- Those who lose a job or face a financial setback fall through the frayed safety net of welfare and other social service cutbacks.
- I didn't want to be a safety net for him to fall on every time he had a little misunderstanding with Dana.
- Not every team has a safety net like Bowman to deal with the changing times and such a disparate group of personalities.
- The consistent defense provides a safety net for the offense when it's struggling.
- We all want the calls to be right, and the officials have to feel better knowing they have a safety net beneath them.
- He started nine games last season, but the Titans had Matthews available as a safety net.
- All this pointless palaver about safety nets ignores the fact that Medicare IS a safety net.
- Money in the bank, or at least in property, provides an apparent safety net in the event you might need expensive full-time care.
- Over the last two decades they have all but eliminated the social safety net.
- So, I think unfairly, that employers were penalized by the system that was put there as a safety net for employees.
- It's the safety net for children whose parents cannot care for them, and for children without parents.