Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1señor masculinecolonel sahib — señor coronel
- We come to know how the white sahibs started the earlier plantations.
- Also, we're one of the few stand alone eateries in India to offer lobsters and crabs which was important because the burra sahibs were partial to them!
- In their race to realise the more-or-less elusive American dream, the characters come across as study cases or automatons, caught in the fast-forward gear to become suburban sahibs.
- ‘You're the only one, sahib,’ he called out as I headed in.
- Vests under the dinner jackets must have been uncomfortable to wear in the Indian heat, so the sahibs tied a bandana around their waists (kamar in Urdu) and began calling it a cummerbund.