The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de santo
1(canonized person)santo masculinosanta femeninoshe was made a saint in 1912 — la canonizaron en 1912
- Eventually, because of her contributions, she was canonized as a saint by the church.
- One of the first Chinese ever to be declared saints by the Catholic Church, Anna was not celebrated in her homeland.
- For canonization, she would need one more miracle, and then at that point she would be declared a saint by the church.
- Irene is remembered in the Eastern Orthodox Church as a saint because she restored the use of icons in religious worship.
- Soon after his death he was declared a Saint by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
2SaintsansantaSaint Patrick's Day — el día / la fiesta de San Patricio
- The paintings are scenes from the gospels, the apostles, the saints, images of heaven and hell and seven choirs of angels.
- Icons - images representing Christ, angels, saints, and other holy figures - hold an important place in Orthodox practice.
- We celebrate the lives of past martyrs and saints from the Christian faith.
- He is beloved of the Father, beloved of the angels, beloved of the saints in heaven.
- When the saints in heaven act, it is God who acts through them.
- In other words, once we are in heaven with all the saints, all temptations and all desires for sin will be done away with.
- Most religious painting of the time depicted the Holy family or the saints in a contrived, idealised way, full of piety and grace.
- It is in the Bible that we get to know the hearts of saints, apostles and Savior.
- It is the very fact of death that allows us to know that God loves us, as we are taken from this imperfect world into the perfection of heaven where the saints and angels gather.
- Native Americans and Fijians firewalked and a number of Christian saints were said to have firewalked for their faith.
- The interior reliefs were plastered and painted with Christian saints and angels.
- At that time, Orthodox Christians venerated icons, seeing them as vehicles for spiritual communication with saints and other holy figures.
- I thank God for the many blessings I have already received from his generous love, and look forward to the day when I can glorify him with you and all the saints in heaven.
- In case you're not familiar with them, reliquaries were more commonly used in the Middle Ages to house bones and other relics of saints and holy people.
- The Iconoclasts believed that the display of images of God or other Holy persons or saints was blasphemous idol worshipping.
- It's creative, loving orthodoxy as it has been taught and modeled by the saints and by our Holy Pope, John Paul, in the image and spirit of Jesus Christ.
- Ceremonies to promote farming and livestock became associated with holidays and the cult of the saints in the Christian calendar.
- Parents are advised to show them examples of good character and conduct in the Bible and the lives of Christian saints.
- The Cross, the Trinity, and the saints are important Christian symbols.
- Still, it must be remembered that the truly ecumenical councils of the first millennium produced great and charismatic saints to guide the church.
3(unselfish person)santo masculinosanta femeninohe's no saint — no es ningún santito coloquial
- She's a real saint for having put up with me for all these years.
- It's only because she's a real saint such as you seldom come across that she's treating you so kindly.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!