Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1Militarymisión feminineto make a sally into enemy territory — hacer una incursión en territorio enemigo
2informal(trip, excursion)salida feminineescapada feminine
3(verbal)salida feminineagudeza feminine
- Michael furiously takes down all the witty sallies and asides, converting the evening into his next play.
- The show was certainly a lively, fast-moving, hilarious affair salted with quick-firing sallies of naval wit and wisdom.
- In response to each new sally of witticism, the Indians would break into uncontrollable fits of merriment.
- Jonathan laughed at that sally more than any of us; he has changed, and the Tory party ought to have recognised that.
- To each sally Lilí responded in kind, with squeals.