Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(attitude/comment) moralista(attitude/comment) gazmoño(attitude/comment) mojigato
- But with this aid went a lot of sanctimonious preaching about the superiority of the American way of life.
- If it is, then his comeback should be welcomed, because he does have an opportunity to do something positive, even against the inevitable background of sanctimonious and hypocritical noise.
- There has been a massive growth in recent years of a new type of Irish person - the smug, sanctimonious person who has just moved from a city to what he or she considers the countryside.
- Lest I be further accused of being sanctimonious or self-righteous, I confess I am no model of student participation.
- Many of us have tired of his sanctimonious, smug condescension.
- Fairytales were always a bit of a swindle, bribing us with happy endings to accept their sanctimonious morality.
- How dare a midwife behave in such a sanctimonious and self-righteous manner.
- The priests and priestesses are pious, sanctimonious bastards.
- Don't give me your sanctimonious, holier-than-thou speech about drinking.
- The themes of the film are worn on its striped, embroidered sleeve, and often the script gets preachy with its sanctimonious moralizing.
- Never sanctimonious or smug, his art seems founded on a sense of rectitude.
- Sadly this tone of sanctimonious self-righteousness characterises much of the exhibition.
- The most common line of attack from these sanctimonious scribes is that the Catholic Church is not a democracy and that so-called a la carte Catholics should get out of the church.
- She did not question the fact that the film was intended to portray a truth about sanctimonious priests posing as the saviours of a religious heritage.
- For example, sanctimonious relief initially greeted a survey that showed the model republic to have got its best support in the referendum from voters in the more affluent urban neighbourhoods.
- Even jogging, while seemingly harmless, has encouraged damp, smelly and sanctimonious people to stride down our streets with grinning notions of moral superiority.
- But we don't need the sanctimonious scolding of a student newspaper editor to tell us voting for a party, any party, is a manifestation of our stupidity and ignorance.
- From my experience, hostility coming from the Left is a direct response to the sanctimonious, oppressive dogma and bigotry that emanates from the political Right.
- She somehow fails to mention that his massive highway projects enabled the sanctimonious suburbanites to get out of the city and into the suburbs in the first place.
- I didn't want it to be this sanctimonious, preachy thing.