The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of arena
1arena femininesand-colored — color arena
- The work could be viewed both from boats cruising the bay and from a deserted beach lined with sand dunes.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Promenade along Atlantic Boulevard provides scenic and easy access to miles of golden sand beaches.
- A perfect view of the ocean stretched out before her, the waves rolling slowly towards the rock and sand of the beach.
- The main attraction of Wollogorang Station is the 80 km of yellow sand beaches and river estuaries
- With no collection system, mountains of empty plastic bottles pile up in sand dunes behind its white sand beaches.
- The land was mostly flat and featureless; even the most desolate of the southern deserts had some rolling sand dunes and some cacti.
- There has been speculation the maverick Republicans use the isolated sand dunes along Ballyhornan beach to test fire guns and explosives.
- There is another irony about desert sand dunes: They are a product of both aridity and water.
- The action of the play takes place in a remote ramshackle beach house built on sand dunes.
- A part of him refused to entertain the notion that when he reached its edge, he would be confronted by miles of unrelenting desert sand.
- The Umbra came to rest in the center of a small ring of rocks, its landing struts sinking into the fine desert sand.
- About two kilometers around the lake, the sand beach turned into rocks and there was a huge cliff over top.
- I look out at two miles of white sand beach, lapped by water with a visibility of 200 feet.
- This half-day guided tour will bring them right onto the golden sand dunes of Arabia in four-wheel drives.
- The beach, which I'd always pictured as miles of golden sand, is actually a short stretch of pebbles.
- As loose as dry sand, such crystals often constitute the critical weak layer of a slab avalanche.
- Lanzarote is a volcanic island, which accounts for the dark sand on some beaches.
- On the beach we placed our towels on the golden sand.
- Should you prefer to keep your head above water, the beaches, with their fine golden sand and tall palms, won't disappoint.
- It was beautiful, with golden sand and green vegetation further along the beach.
2(expanse of sand)arena femininethe burning sands of the desert — las ardientes arenas del desierto
- to build on sand — hacer castillos de arena
- Exactly one month later, the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the £1 million terminal and flew the Swift across the Goodwin Sands himself.
- to build on sand — hacer castillos de arena
1(make smooth)(wood/furniture) lijar(floor) pulir
- If the rust refuses to budge, use a #800 sand paper to sand the metal and repaint.
- Some log furniture is sanded smooth, some are skipped peeled, some have the bark on and some are completely peeled.
- After peeling the bark, the knots where the branches were need to be sanded to a very smooth finish.
- Lightly sand the entire board smooth, but be careful not to remove too much finish from surrounding boards.
- The bookcase and shelves were sealed with a primer, then sanded smooth with medium-grade sandpaper.
- Cover the patch with compound, allow it to dry, and sand it smooth after drying.
- The surfaces are built from slender pieces of 3/4-inch-thick plywood laminated together, then sanded smooth.
- Joints and spackled areas should be thoroughly cured and sanded smooth.
- Attach plywood with panel adhesive and brads and sand it flush with front edge.
- Once it begins to wear out it is no longer sanding, but polishing, which will close the grain again.
- Taking rough-grit sandpaper, sand the remaining membrane out of the gourd.
- Corion can be sanded lightly using number 800 sandpaper.
- The gesso ground is sanded smooth so that acrylic glazes bead up and acquire a high-resolution look while emphasizing the picture plane.
- Sand blasting would leave marks and sand in the wood, which would have to be sanded out and filled in to obtain a smooth final finish.
- Once I had it smooth I used some 220 grit Wet and Dry and sanded the edges smooth under running water.
- Once it's completely dry, it can be sanded, drilled or cut with normal woodworking tools.
- Once the worst pitting and damage is filed away, he sands the metal with a coarse sandpaper.
- Start with 80-grit paper until the dent or scratch is sanded out, then finish-sand and feather into the surrounding area with 120-grit paper.
- Lacquer, shellac, varnish stay on top of the wood; if worn off in traffic areas, usually the whole floor has to be sanded and refinished.
- Aluminum siding, however, has a baked enamel finish so it can be sanded or scuffed up, then primed with a special etching primer developed just for this purpose.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!