The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of faja
1(on dress)faja feminine
- On the bench where we were last sitting was a young man with long black hair, dressed in a tight black robe with a red sash tied around his waist.
- He was dressed in a gorgeous robe with a golden sash tied around his waist and was standing tall and strong.
- Young men in white shirts and red sashes grasped each other round the shoulders to form a ring fifteen feet across.
- The man has dark white trousers and a black sash around his waist.
- Anyways, tying a sash around the waist is a great way to accessorise and makes the two layers seem more cohesive.
- She wore a flimsy white cotton dress with short sleeves, a pink sash about the waist, and a skirt that blew in the wind.
- I wore the blue scarf, which is actually more of a shawl or a sash, around my waist and the blue rose in my hair the next day.
- She was wearing a gold dressing gown, with a blue sash at the waist, and pink slippers with pom-poms.
- Cloaks, sashes, jerkins and gloves lined the very top shelf that went the width of the wardrobe.
- She was wearing a long blue dress, with a red sash tied around her waist.
- A sinister looking retainer, dressed in a dark uniform with a blue sash and blue and white turban opened the rusty gate.
- She'd been wearing a loose turquoise tunic, tied with a black sash at the waist and matching black leggings.
- Rural women wear baggy black or colored trousers, a long shirt belted with a sash, and a length of cotton over the head.
- Women wear long flowing skirts, and men dress in white shirts with colorful sashes.
- Just left of center, a pair of women stroll across the field in white dresses decorated with blue sashes and large hats embellished with coral-colored ribbons.
- They may also wear broad red sashes tied at the waist.
- She pulled a brightly coloured gown over her shift, tying it at the waist with a decorative sash.
- He wore only a pair of earth colored pants with a leaf-patterned sash about his waist.
- I straightened out the bow on the sash at my waist and examined myself in the mirror once more.
- Remember ladies, if your coat has a belt or sash on it, remember to tie it around your waist to make it look more defined.
2(on uniform)(around waist) fajín masculine(over shoulder) banda feminine
1(of window)marco masculinesash cord — cuerda de ventana de guillotina
- sash fastener — cierre de ventana de guillotina
- Paint analysis showed that the doors, door frames, and window sashes on the second floor of the addition, long assumed to be painted pine, were actually black walnut.
- They allow the hinge edge of the sash to slide away from the window frame as it opens.
- One thing to note, however, a vinyl window with welded frame and sashes will be stronger and more durable than a cheaper one in which these are mechanically joined.
- Horizontal sliding windows are like double-hung windows except that the sashes are located on the left and right edges rather than on the tops and bottoms.
- Glass doors on adjacent cabinets feature a muntin grid similar to those on the window sashes.
- Resourceful gardeners can combine a few discarded window sashes and bales of straw to create a simple makeshift cold frame.
- Make sure that both the window sashes and screen sash move smoothly and seal tightly when closed after installation.
- To install this system, just drill a hole in the upper corner of the lower window frame and align it with holes in the top sash.
- If windows must be replaced and are beyond repair, they should be replaced with exact replicas - sliding sashes must be replaced by sliding sashes and not with swing out windows.
- Glass is a heavy material and sliding the sashes up and down also puts a strain on the joints.
- If both sashes move, weatherstrip them as you would for a double-hung window.
- She threw open his two window sashes to the ceiling.
- In order for a sash window to work easily and effectively, it is important that both the frame and the sash are made accurately.
- With the acrylic blocks, the window sash is actually light enough that the entire window can operate.
- What makes the joints so weak is the fact that the bottom sashes sit on the sill with the end grains exposed.
- Paint the lower part of their sash first, then raise the window and do the upper part.
- There are also vinyl windows available that have small, adjustable ports above one of the sashes, allowing a very small amount of air to enter the house without the security problems of leaving a window ajar.
- A small crowd pressed up near the open windows to listen, but not all the sashes had been raised.
- Just as the blasted thing went off I ran over to the window and threw up the sash, then dashed out the door and down the hall.
- With sandpaper or a rasp, clean off bits of putty which remain on the wood or metal sash.
- sash fastener — cierre de ventana de guillotina
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!