The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- In her left hand she carries the sceptre of state; in her right the orb.
- Each was swathed in robes of black, and all carried the sceptre that befitted their station.
- The roof is ornamented with three cherubs, representing England, Scotland and Ireland, supporting the royal crown and holding the sceptre, sword of state and ensign of knighthood.
- Room after room of the Armoury reveals incredible riches, including the imperial crown, mace and sceptre of the Tsars.
- As an act of humility, before a mass to which she had invited the poor, she gave the royal scepter to the most indigent and had the royal crown placed on his head.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!