The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de maestro
1(in primary school) maestro masculino(in secondary school) profesor masculino
- Less surprising is the large number of schoolmasters, top public school headmasters, college fellows and masters, and university professors.
- He is a sadistic schoolmaster and incompetent teacher.
- In 1790s Gotham, most children were educated within an informal system of ‘pay schools’ presided over by independent schoolmasters and schoolmistresses.
- Primary schoolmasters and schoolmistresses, the instituteurs and institutrices, were liberated from the grip of the church, and in 1889 they became employees of the central state instead of the local council.
- I observed many classroom behaviors that were expected by colonial schoolmasters.
- The crowd lets out from the play and among them is Mr. Cyril Fielding, the schoolmaster at the government college.
- At school, the schoolmaster gives the boys school names.
- Frank spoke about dear memories of his former schoolmaster and about the school trips and adoration of football they both shared.
- At the age of about 11, I was taught by a schoolmaster who practised all these techniques, and had even devised a few extra.
- Where, or from whom, has Jenny learned better Latin than the schoolmaster who taught her the language?
- In her view ‘doctors, schoolmasters, bank managers and parsons were all respected members of the community’ and she was determined that her son should join them.
- He did not even speak to her, but spoke to the governess of the Royal nursery and the schoolmaster and the servants who had come through the day, asking them about William's health and what he had eaten.
- If they did not die young, they mostly spent their lives as schoolmasters, dons, librarians or archivists, often becoming frustrated by their lack of advancement.
- But in the end the film feels closer to a rambled lecture by a schoolmaster punch-drunk on self-importance.
- As Becky goes into the schoolhouse, she notices that the schoolmaster has left his desk key in the lock on the drawer.
- In the end, after the passing of several years, now matured and transformed into an educated young woman, she marries the schoolmaster.
- His eager acceptance of a dangerous mission becomes eroded as the time of departure approaches and he reverts to the scared schoolboy seeking re-assurance from his schoolmaster, Osborne.
- Her father had been a schoolmaster and, after a reasonable education which included a little French, she entered service at the age of 15, gaining experience and skills in several Yorkshire families.
- It was growing increasingly obvious as I defended myself against her attack that she was simply toying with me, drawing out my technique as a schoolmaster draws recitations from his students.
- The schoolmaster was a very poor student of English, so he asked the parish priest if he could help in the matter.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!