The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
vocal central neutra que se da en sílabas no acentuadas y su representación gráfica
- Although not represented in the conventional alphabet, schwa is the commonest vowel sound in English.
- Of these, 36 have a clear schwa as their vowel.
- In another example, we observed that only 28% of the teachers could correctly identify the sound of a schwa, as represented in the final syllable of the word ‘happen.’
- Leaving Rome and heading south or east, you find a tendency of shortening non-stressed vowels and reducing them to schwas.
- The ‘o’ is pronounced like the ‘uh’ that grammarians everywhere know as the ‘English schwa.’
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!