The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
bollito que se suele servir caliente untado de mantequilla, mermelada etc(in UK)scone masculine Southern Conebísquet masculine Mexico
- But what I also found tantilisingly awaiting me behind the counter was a stack of freshly baked Russian tea cakes and lemon scones, both of which I purchased and consumed in startling quantities.
- These are accompanied by all manner of sandwiches, scones and cakes piled onto tiered stands.
- Diane made some scones and there was fruit and such.
- The Caribou orange-currant scone is a scone without integrity.
- No gentle reader, the raisin scone was the scone of the gods.
- Breakfast items include freshly baked scones, muffins and a cheese omelet as well as coffee, espresso, cappuccino and latte.
- A wide range of desserts includes everything from fruit scones to apple pie or a plate of petits desserts.
- It is more to do with the fact that I rather enjoy having a reason to bake scones, flip pikelets and occasionally bake a cake.
- Buttered scones seem best, not too lavish as a pre-tea snack; we eat them with mugs of tea as dad goes out to feed the pigs in the yard and Mum and Aunty Eileen start cooking.
- The spa is at the end of the garden, where, if you can find a waiter capable of boiling a kettle and buttering a scone, you can take tea.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the scones have risen and turned lightly golden.
- In the afternoon, why not tea and scones - except skip the tea, eat the scones!
- The sandwiches, scones and cakes were served by the waitress in a tiered silver cake stand.
- British-style afternoon tea is still popular, complete with scones, cakes, and other pastries, especially when entertaining guests.
- For this, adults and children all over the kingdom were getting ready for the feast at night, making great mountains of cakes, scones and all other kinds of goodies.
- Their afternoon tea menu includes a selection of hot and iced teas accompanied by scones with jam and cream, finger sandwiches, and assorted small pastries, as well as small bites taken from trays.
- But my strawberry scones are something else entirely.
- The book is a melting pot of information, with anecdotes, photographs and recipes ranging from tons of game to the scones we now know the Queen feeds to the corgis.
- First, there will be pineapple scones, still warm from the baking sheet, and a cloth-lined tin of cinnamon muffins and apple-spice bread.
- There would be scones and jams for the children to gorge themselves on, and all sorts of pies and pasties, but what truly intrigued me were the tongue sandwiches that no hamper seemed to be complete without.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!