The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de desdeñoso
1(person/manner/laughter) desdeñosohe was scornful of my attempts — menospreció / desdeñó mis intentos
- She swallowed, trying to control her fury as Matt's scornful laughter reached her ears once again.
- Before he could reach it, they opened and a large gang of girls trooped out, howling with scornful laughter.
- She gave him a slightly scornful glance, and he racked his brains to see if he could find the reason for the non sequitur.
- Kant was critical of every other view, scornful, mocking, or at least he aimed to be.
- The blogger's reaction to this is scornful, I think he wants it to be seen as ironic outrage, but scorn is what its written all over his post.
- When I was still studying I was pretty scornful of mainstream movies.
- I was wearing gumboots and a singlet, and thought I would draw scornful gazes towards such disheveled attire.
- United by outlook as well as professional background, the comics rarely disagree about the targets of their scornful onslaughts.
- But I just feel myself withdrawing and getting a bit scornful of others who are managing to cut loose.
- His criticisms and scornful attitude angered a lot of viewers.
- It was handed over in a brown paper bag, but not before the newsagent had asked me loudly in scornful tones if I had already bought this edition.
- Small things amuse small minds, she says, scornful of the rude slapstick humor they practice.
- He gave my upraised cup a scornful look, snorted, and left to talk to someone else.
- Both had a gypsy-like disregard of convention; both were brazenly scornful of public opinion.
- Not surprisingly, management are scornful of such talk and refused to even grace such allegations with a comment.
- It was at the time an unfashionable view, and medical colleagues were scornful.
- In fact, the only laughter he had heard from her was either scornful or sarcastic, and was usually directed at him.
- Extravagant in his praise of the fans and players and scornful of the Football Association and the hooligans, he wears his Three Lions with pride.
- She sounded scornful when she said this, and William was offended, for he loved his older brother dearly.
- He came back impressed by the company's scale but scornful of the inefficiencies.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!