Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Both are oil towns with amazingly strict class segregation.
- Several spoke about the need for more and better publicised youth facilities, an end to segregation in schools, and the problem of drug dealers in their communities.
- It is also a city of exploitation and segregation and fear.
- Occupational segregation occurs from a very early age.
- In the first round segregation came about at the level of the locality itself, as people moved to blocks inhabited by members of the same community or faith.
- We all grew - as students and people - with the experience of integration after years of segregation.
- I couldn't speak to housing patterns and other forms of segregation.
- This kind of segregation may be self-imposed - but it is also the result of decades and centuries of injustice.
- Like so many institutionalized evils, segregation ultimately depended on public accommodation.
- Strict gender segregation is sanctioned by the state and society.
- Horizontal segregation exists when women and men work in different types of occupation.
- La política de separar a ciertos grupos del resto de la comunidad, especialmente en razón de su raza. En EEUU la política de segregación, especialmente en los estados del sur, privó a los afroamericanos de sus derechos y los obligó a asistir a colegios, utilizar hoteles, restaurantes y cines etc., separados de los blancos. La campaña en favor de los derechos civiles llevó a la aprobación de la Civil Rights Act of 1964, que obligó a los estados del sur a terminar con esta práctica.