The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1interés (personal) masculineshe was driven by pure self-interest — actuaba por puro interés (personal)
- It is a reminder of the delicate line that lies between self-interest and the national interest.
- The notion that a small group would disrupt the event for reasons of self-interest will be regarded as distasteful.
- The relative importance of self-interest against public interest was clear from the start.
- By pursuing their own self-interest, individuals are inadvertently promoting the public good.
- Indonesia was again becoming an area tied together by economic advantages and self-interest.
- It was not motivated by public interest or community need, but by self-interest and political need.
- It was hard to tell if their support was motivated by self-interest in ensuring water supply to the cities.
- Instead of visionaries to lead the way, the game has suffered under the guidance of men motivated by self-interest.
- It's not in many people's self-interest, at least those that count, to dig up the truth.
- There is obviously a desire to help people, but self-interest does play a part.
- That has led critics to claim that Labour resistance is motivated by self-interest.
- The idea behind a market economy is that everybody pursues his/her own self-interest.
- By pursuing a policy of pure American self-interest, equally, he can keep things simple.
- The second way is to appeal instead to other people's self-interest.
- This latest display of public generosity once again rebuts the myth that most people only have self-interest at heart.
- Some are very helpful and others are motivated as much by self-interest as service.
- The existence of the community required that all find some measure of self-interest and self-respect.
- In place of the pursuit of national self-interest, the needs of millions of ordinary people will have to be addressed.
- A central and crucial lesson was that people had to cast off the blinkers of local self-interest.
- When people are busy promoting their own self-interest they are invariably better at helping the rest of mankind.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!