Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1pozo séptico masculinepozo ciego masculinepozo negro masculinefosa séptica femininecámara séptica feminine Southern Cone
- The Environmental Protection Agency blames agriculture waste, septic tanks and overloaded sewage treatment works for much of the pollution, which also extends to 13 tidal areas around the coast.
- They also help to promote the growth of certain plants by fixing nitrogen in the soil, to purify water in sewage treatment plants and septic tanks, and to break down oil after accidental spills.
- It monitored the water and assessed the impact of leakage from landfill, sewage plants and septic tanks, and spreading agricultural fertilisers and chemicals on land.
- At the same time the algal growth is being stimulated by nitrogen and phosphorus nutrients that are entering the bay from leaky septic tanks, sewage plants and agricultural runoff.
- Thus a new or improved septic tank can be reconstructed from an existing septic tank, but the septic tank cannot be replaced by a cesspool.
- To test for faecal bacteria contamination from septic tanks or livestock sources, contact your local council or shire environmental health officer.
- ‘Unlike the overflowing pit latrines and septic tanks which contaminated the coastal villages with raw sewage, the compost toilets did not create a health hazard,’ he observes.
- However, residents are concerned that once houses are allowed to connect direct to the sewer - as many may want because of problems with the septic tanks - the century-old land drains will not be able to cope.
- One of the cases involves sewage treatment plants, including Europe's largest sewage plant at Ringsend in Dublin and domestic septic tanks in rural areas.
- Then, of course, stress is laid on avoiding the construction of septic tanks, compost pits and drains near the wells in houses.
- Families are being urged not to flush solvents down drains and to take care to maintain septic tanks.
- They said that pollution from septic tanks of houses in the village was draining into local watercourses.
- If the source of contamination is animal waste or effluent from septic tanks, bacteria, viruses, and protozoa may also be present.
- These can kill the bacteria in a septic tank, causing excess solids to clog the pipes in the leach field.
- The septic tank collects all of the solid and liquid waste coming from the house.
- They also built showers from scrap material, using the existing Iraqi water storage tanks located on the tops of buildings, and drained the showers' wastewater into cisterns as septic tanks.
- During the winter their septic tanks overflow, and during the summer they are not allowed to swim at the beaches, because the waste water flows into the water at their beaches.
- To allow more time for settling, newer septic tanks feature one or more baffles or dividers to slow down the passage of wastewater from inlet to outlet.
- It's since been reported that the dye, as well as the chemicals in scented toilet paper, can cause allergic reactions in those with sensitive skin, but it's otherwise harmless and just as safe for sewers and septic tanks.
- They are going directly into the stream, as there are no septic tanks.