The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of servidumbre
- Her status as slave condemns her to a life of servitude, with little or no control over her future.
- A freed slave could be returned to servitude for helping a slave escape or for striking a white.
- Many of the slaves are seen as passive, enjoying their servitude with a crude, animalistic joy.
- The term of servitude in the United States was for life; slaves couldn't buy their freedom.
- The only way to do that was to send Martha into servitude!
- Tens of millions of human souls were transported from their homes in Africa under appalling conditions to lives of servitude in the Americas.
- All that cruelty and bloodshed had produced nothing; the Free State was, according to Ryan, worse than English servitude.
- Those born into servitude, however benign and remote the oppression may seem, cannot know fully what it is to be free until the day of liberation actually dawns.
- America will not pretend that jailed dissidents prefer their chains, or that women welcome humiliation and servitude, or that any human being aspires to live at the mercy of bullies.
- For $100, for example, you can save a young girl from a life of indentured servitude.
- It begins with a grieving boy beside his father's funeral pyre, who is claimed by a worryingly uncouth uncle and taken away to a grim new life of servitude.
- It has a price, and that price is arbitrary forced servitude to the state.
- Jordan was the first in his family to escape such servitude.
- We have all sold our kidneys to pay off a debt so that we can save our families from indentured servitude.
- Eventually, the young monk must choose between love and desire and religious servitude.
- Those it has aided praise its efforts, saying it saved them from a lifetime of domestic abuse and virtual servitude.
- In the millennium before the Communist party revolution, it was an antidote to a life of female servitude.
- Domestic servitude has only been escaped by passing it down to another cadre of oppressed women.
- Children are the worst victims of bondage and servitude.
- The stronger ones would be sold into slavery or servitude.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!