The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of revés
1revés masculinecontratiempo masculineour plans have suffered a major setback — nuestros planes han sufrido un gran revés
- However, it is a fact of life that there is no progress without a few setbacks.
- Unfortunately, the amount of work that she was being forced to do was a huge setback to their progress.
- As the process moves forward, there will no doubt be frustrating delays and difficult setbacks.
- He said there is a window of opportunity to reverse the environmental setback caused by many years of neglect.
- Serious setbacks have not deterred Dawn Phillips from following her dream to run local cafés.
- Each succeeded one way or another, but not overnight, and certainly not without serious setbacks.
- In fact, many men have experienced the crushing setback of reverse discrimination when seeking jobs.
- Since 1990, the global environment has both made progress and suffered setbacks.
- They move into a tenement, the only place they can afford, and set about making a good life despite some serious setbacks.
- Over the last year the pharmaceutical corporations have been making sure they reverse any setbacks they incurred.
- It is also the story of reversals and setbacks in broader social and economic policy, as Richard Rothstein has argued.
- It begins with a brief overview of the major developments over the last decade, identifying both progress and setbacks.
- The decision will be seen as a serious setback to the team's hopes of progressing to the Euro 2004 finals in Portugal.
- It was a serious setback for the Mayo men and four minutes later this was compounded when Hayes set up Mark Ronan for the opening goal of the match.
- Zambian football has survived more serious setbacks before.
- This would be a setback to progress that has been made.
- But in order to win a war, you have to have the vision and determination to fight it despite setbacks and political difficulties.
- The findings will be a serious setback for Blair and Jack McConnell as they battle to persuade activists to campaign in the coming election.
- While the four are now being recognized for their efforts, most of them have suffered serious career setbacks and financial difficulties.
- This lack of preparation caused some serious setbacks.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!