Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1perro pastor masculineperro ovejero masculine
- On their last morning, the birds are herded by sheepdogs into a darkened ‘starving pen’ - and from there, they are attracted by the light into boxes with a hatch into the slaughter room.
- In this way it functions like a sheepdog herding its flock, always watching over and controlling the whole.
- This pattern of stimulus and response is parallel to the way that a shepherd might train his sheepdog.
- To expect these hunting horses to thrive in roles for which they are not suited by breeding would be as unrealistic as to expect trained sheepdogs to thrive as family pets.
- It's like being a sheepdog on a sensitivity training course these days.
- While she's not a fully trained sheepdog by any stretch of the imagination, she has had a bit of training and the instinct of her breeding and, kept on the lead, was ably darting from side to side yelping the sheep forwards.
- Dogs and sheep don't mix well, unless it's a highly trained sheepdog and in our experience owners have not been too careful where their animals leave their trademark.
- The collie-dingo hybrids worked silently, and instead of working at the heads of the cattle, as most sheepdogs do, they worked from the rear, snapping at the heels of cattle when necessary.
- Samaritans in Northallerton are helping volunteers from a North Yorkshire-based charity who are counselling farmers separated from their sheepdogs by the foot-and-mouth crisis.
- Keen as a young sheepdog on a winter morning, this is the sort of wine that oyster lovers yearn for.
- Collies, in those days, were known as rough-coated sheepdogs or smooth-coated sheepdogs, depending on their coat type.
- Two of the retired sheepdogs from the neighbouring farm occasionally come to visit us, and we make them welcome, give them a stroke or a brush and a few dog biscuits.
- There will be a variety of animal classes, including sheep, cattle, goats, pigs, donkeys and sheepdogs, as well as more than 200 craft and trade stands and a 19,000 first prize show jumping event.
- A farmer who lived a simple life with his two sheepdogs ensured that the animals would have a good home when he died - by leaving them and his 18th century farmhouse to an agricultural engineer.
- Where does all this suave urbanity leave the true, ocker Aussie, the weathered stockman riding along in the outback with his trusty sheepdog, always ready for a few tinnies and a bloody good chunder?
- Even the sheep estimated at 42.5 million have so much space that it requires packs of sheepdogs to round them up for corralling.
- If the Lord's my shepherd, then these blokes are his huge sheepdogs.
- He helped look after the sheep of eight farmers which meant early starts and braving cold, biting winter winds, often with only the company of a sheepdog.
- Five hundred limited edition copies of the book, which follows the story of the sheepdog and his friends on Whimsey Farm, went on sale.
- A shepherd watched his flock through binoculars and his sheepdog watched from the back of the quadbike.