The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(Israeli monetary unit)shekel masculinesiclo masculine
- This takes time, effort and a not inconsiderable number of dollars, pounds, baht or shekels.
- I'll use any dollars or euros or yen or shekels thrown my way to keep this site online, and if folks do kick in, I promise to try and write more frequently as a token of my appreciation.
- Israelis claim to have found a counterfeiting press in Ramallah - one for faking shekels, not dollars.
- Gedalya also found a million and a half shekels as well as dollars - all counterfeit.
- A shekel buys 15 minutes of game time.
- And, more importantly for the city, the millions of Jews worldwide who regularly visit memorials in other cities and other nations, will not be spending their dollars and shekels here.
- On the downside, the Thai baht dipped 0.8%, the Israeli shekel 0.5%, and the Hungarian forint 0.5%.
- On the upside, the Jamaica dollar and Israeli shekel gained 0.8%.
- Foreign investment has fallen by two thirds and revenues from tourism have halved, undermining Israel's currency, the shekel.
- This week, British pound trades to a five-week high against the dollar; the Swedish krona trades to a three-year high; the South African rand to a 2 ½ year high; the Israeli shekel to a 15-month high.
- After three years of little or no inflation, consumer prices increased by 6.3 percent in the first six months of the year on the back of a sharp depreciation of the shekel.
- The injection of additional dollars would only fuel further Israeli inflation, and push the shekel toward serious devaluation.
- I was about to give her a shekel when something about her expression made me look again, and my hand hesitated in embarrassment.
- The shekel is the measure of money; bargaining is the prototype of all other exchange.
- The minimum that one can give to fulfill this commandment is one-third of a shekel per year.
- Growth has ground to a halt, unemployment has shot up, and the shekel has dropped in value.
- The rail company has already invested 200 million shekels to lay 250 kilometres of fibre optic cables.
- They received five shekels [about £0.60] in order to throw them.
- Knafo, a part-time cook in a day-care center, received a monthly income supplement of 2,500 shekels.
- Does 150 shekels represent a lot of money for you?
2informal, humorous shekels plural(money, riches)plata feminine Latin America informalparné masculine Spain informallana feminine Latin America informal
- All that awaits you now, Bheki, is, I trust, money - lots of lovely lolly, latkes, folding green stuff, shekels.
- With the demise of this wine style, many Australian vineyards of very old Grenache vines were torn out, for a few shekels of government compensation.
- To avert feline catastrophe, head over to the blog deemed Most Deserving of Wider Recognition and drop a few shekels in the tip jar.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!