Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(task/duty/responsibility) eludir(task/duty/responsibility) rehuir
- She suffers, true; she complains, also true; but she has not shirked her duty, nor shied away from pain.
- Insightful without being pedantic, learned but not overbearing, the book is full of humorous anecdotes while never shirking the factual responsibility of the historian.
- ‘It is a matter of law and not of fact,’ she said, adding that in her opinion, to decline to hear the matter would be shirking her responsibility as a judge.
- The lighting of the stove and the provision of the tea were done on a rota basis with nobody shirking their duty including the washing up.
- By ignoring their epistemic and metaphysical brokenness, we are shirking our Christian duty to truly show love for our neighbor.
- And they have suggested strongly that America is shirking its moral responsibility when it refuses to venture abroad in search of monsters to destroy.
- I can never be accused of shirking my responsibilities.
- If not, they are shirking their duty - both to the national defense and to the very goal of diversity that they profess to cherish.
- But he's going to do it shamefully and in full recognisance that he's basically shirking his intellectual responsibilities to the world.
- Soon they were slacking off in school, shirking responsibilities, and turning to harder drugs for a better high.
- Here Moses claims God is shirking responsibility for his people.
- The root cause is specialization amongst the lower ranks in the Force, which is a cover for shirking responsibility.
- All through those weeks of killings the state and Central government kept on shirking their responsibilities.
- Who takes action, and with what promptness, against teachers seen to be even brazenly shirking their duties?
- No decent Aussie wants to support queue jumping or shirking responsibility.
- Renouncing these prodigal sons and attempting to lay them at the door of the west is shirking responsibility.
- Your columnists would be shirking their responsibility if they ignored these factors.
- We will do so without shirking our responsibility to the people of this district.
- ‘The government has steered clear of the problem and shirked its duty,’ he said.
- Vote, it says, or you have shirked your religious duty.