Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Perhaps the only trades which are exclusive to railways in their nomenclature are platelayers, shunters and signalmen.
- Railway shunters, pointsmen, signalmen and yardmasters began an indefinite strike at midnight on August 5, demanding the immediate settlement of salary anomalies.
- You could see the local signal box with the signalman busy in it.
- David spent more than 20 years working as a signalman on the railways.
- These were the employees who operated the railway: the station staff, the signalmen, the shunters and the guards on the trains.
2Military Nauticalencargado de señales masculine
- Mr Cammish started out at sea as a junior signalman in the Royal Navy in 1949 and after eight years travelling the world, he joined the Coastguard in 1957.
- Combat experience made signalmen constantly adjust their views on how to develop the communications system.
- Since the flight medic will first be lowered to the ground to continue treatment of the casualty, he becomes the primary signalman for the hoist.
- Signals should be made by only one signalman; more than one creates too much confusion and can be dangerous.
- The scout plane's robed signalman tapped the pilot on his right wing and gave a thumbs-up.