Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The breathing of coal and rock dust causes black lung, the common name given to the lung diseases pneumoconiosis and silicosis.
- In the concentration camp he had contracted silicosis, a lung disease similar to a combination of tuberculosis and emphysema from breathing in the fine dust that filtered through the cracks in the walls and floors.
- For those that don't know, silicosis is an occupational lung disease that can be fatal.
- He had worked in a brickyard for years and got silicosis from the dust in his lungs.
- Patients with silicosis are at increased risk of contracting tuberculosis.