The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1.1(soda water)soda feminine(with masculine article in the singular) agua de seltz feminineScotch and soda — whisky con soda / sifón
- The basic mixers are cola, lemon-lime soda, tonic water, soda water, orange juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice, ginger ale and grapefruit juice.
- Muddle the mint and the rest of the ingredients in the glass until the sugar has melted before topping up with crushed ice and a whoosh of soda water or sparkling mineral water.
- We went to the beach, sunbathed, read books under straw parasols, ate olives and drank cheap red wine watered down with soda water.
- I didn't observe what Peter ate but I did notice he added soda water to his tea.
- The alcohol content can be tamed by using non-alcoholic Triple Sec or orange-flavored soda water.
- So if I'm going to taste soda water, I'd rather drink some that has some flavor to it.
- The girl's drinks were always tea or soda water.
- Tom Valdes has always enjoyed a Rum Collins, made with lemon juice and soda water.
- To get rid of red wine stains on furnishings and carpets don't apply salt - use carbonated soda water instead.
- In a bowl, combine flour and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk in soda water until smooth.
- Two vodkas with soda water later is my only transgression.
- I walked to the bar where they had cleared all the alcohol and were selling water and sodas.
- In his dissertation, he presented theory and experiments on the osmotic pressure of concentrated solutions of carbon dioxide in various solvents - just generalized soda water.
- The third method, to be avoided by any serious wine lover, is the injection of carbon dioxide into the wine immediately before bottling, as in soda water or Coca-Cola.
- Chris offered Avril some wine, but she preferred some soda water.
- I noticed it fizzing in the glass and thought it must be soda water.
- I washed that down with soda water and indulged in a slice of wholegrain bread with a thin slice of cheese and a smidgeon of honey and munched mournfully on an apple.
- Put 3-4 peppermint teabags in a glass of soda water on a sunny window sill.
- Amy reached into her lunch bag and took out a bottle of soda water.
- Last seen, Jerry was celebrating with soda water instead of his customary libation in a brown bottle.
1.2US (flavored)refresco masculinefresco masculine Latin Americaorange soda — naranjada
- They were brought up on sweet beverages and soda, and on caffeine.
- Every diet gone bad has its usual suspects - soda, sweets, French fries, et cetera.
- My laughing and petty revenge seemed to have made that soda sweeter.
- Mr. Shongut reached into his fridge and pulled out a sweet, ice cold soda.
- The combination of salt on the fries and a litre of sweet cold soda - not the Diet kind - can be relied upon to get me back on my feet and ready to take on the world quickly and without unpleasant side effects.
- Laid out on the table were bottles of alcohol, sodas, Cokes and crisps.
- James is happy to drink water instead of squash but refuses to drink low sugar sodas or squashes.
- He quit drinking his five sodas per day, started eating scheduled meals and avoided fat.
- Simple sugars, like those found in sweetened juices, sodas and fruit cups cause a spike in blood sugar.
- Valtin says people can obtain water from many beverages and foods, from sodas to fruits.
- On the fluid side, you're competing against sodas, fruit drinks and energy drinks.
- So if you drink three sodas a day, for instance, try cutting back to two.
- But pretty soon all he can think about is those extra hundred sodas he could be drinking.
- The consumption of canned soda is naturally high in schools without drinking fountains.
- This has everything I am looking for in a soda: Grapefruit, natural ingredients, the colour pink and a mild fizz.
- The rest of the day was spent consuming massive amounts of diet soda and rediscovering the fact that too much caffeine made her twitchy and a little off kilter.
- My diet shifted from foods high in sugar and fat, such as cheesecake, ice cream and soda, to foods rich in lean protein, such as chicken and fish.
- Today, the average American consumes over 220 L of soda per year, and one teenager in seven is overweight.
- It takes him a can of soda, preferably Coke, for him to be fully awake at this time of day.
- That's the sugar you'd get in three to five 12-ounce cans of soda.
1.3US (ice-cream soda)(refresco con helado) ice-cream soda masculine Latin America
2Chemistrysoda femininesosa feminine
- The scientific explanation for this phenomenon is that soda contains carbon dioxide gas.
- Because soap is made primarily from a caustic blend of boiled animal fat, lye and soda, it is highly alkaline.
- A fusion of sand, soda, and potash, its peculiarity resides in how these elements are not perceived but effaced.
- The clothes were deposited in the tub with soap flakes and soda, then swirled around by hand, using a wooden paddle, a long and hot process.
- In this method, fats and oils were mixed in large, open kettles, and caustic soda was added.
- Washing soda is found in the laundry section of most supermarkets.
- I then left the clothes in a bucket to soak overnight with washing soda.
- Add nitrate of soda or ammonia sulfate for inorganic amendments.
- In a normal healthy person, he argued, uric acid is excreted in the urine; if that process be interrupted, deposition of uric acid occurs in the form of urate of soda.
- Combine flour, bi-carbonate of soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Bicarbonate of soda is a popular remedy for powdery mildew because it is a relatively safe substance and it is cheap to use.
- Bicarbonate of soda, the mild alkali which is added to some cakes and biscuits and peanut brittle, promotes browning.
- Bicarbonate of soda can also be used as a mild abrasive to clean baths, sinks, toilet bowls and tiles.
- The plant provides a wide range of products although its output is dominated by the bulk production of soda ash and smaller quantities of soda bicarbonate.
- Combine bi-carbonate of soda and water in a small bowl and add to the butter mixture and immediately pour all the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- To remove odours from vinyl seats and lining panels wash with a solution of bicarbonate soda and warm water.
- A good natural fungicide can be made from whole milk, bicarb soda and canola oil.
- Pip uses bicarb soda mixed with dishwashing detergent for pots in the kitchen.
- Bi-carb soda and vinegar is great for general purpose cleaning, and it looks good when it's working - it bubbles.
- Other unpleasant odours, including the smell of stale cigarettes, can be eliminated by placing a container of dry bicarbonate soda in the car.
- To ease aching joints or stiff muscles as a result of sport or vigorous exercise, add half a cup of bicarbonate soda to a hot bath and enjoy a long, relaxing soak.
- And they put in potassium and they send in bicarbonate soda and anti-nausea medicine.
- For extra sore and aching feet add one tablespoon each of sea salt and bicarbonate soda and three to five drops of rosemary oil to the water.
- The children built a volcano using clay and used the chemical reaction between bread soda and vinegar to simulate the volcano.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!