The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Therefore, credit spreads tend to zero for the short-term debt of a solvent firm.
- It simply decides that on the facts of that case the parent company in question had a legitimate interest in preserving and maximising the assets of its solvent subsidiary.
- WorldCom, although still very much in operation, has been losing market share to its solvent rivals.
- Worse, solvent customers are charging less and paying down debt.
- It would, of course, be a strange case in which the third party chose to pursue the insolvent insured rather than the solvent insurer.
- Put simply, the pensions compensation scheme is an insurance plan, funded by a levy on solvent pension schemes, designed to protect the pensions of workers whose employers go bust.
- The main responsibility facing directors of solvent companies is to keep proper books and records and to file annual returns and accounts on time to the Companies Office every year.
- If one joint or joint and several debtor is insolvent, the loss resulting from his insolvency is spread equally among the solvent debtors.
- Seriously, if the opposition could only open their eyes they would see a large and financially solvent constituency looking for a home.
- These are envisaged so that consumers can be more confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with financially solvent companies.
- If Neill's mum is already a member of a good quality occupational scheme which has the backing of a stable and solvent employer that might be her best option.
- A solvent insurer at one point can become insolvent soon for variety of reasons.
- Indeed so long as the company is solvent the shareholders are in substance the company.
- However, while the Trust had to prove their take-over plans were workable, solvent clubs can be traded with no questions asked by the governing body.
- Every Friday and Saturday, anyone who is solvent and ambient gets out and crawls.
- The issue for the government to decide is whether the KCA is a solvent organisation.
- There is a conflict of interest between keeping banks solvent and healthy and protecting consumers.
- And if you've planned for it, it will keep you solvent as well.
- On the one hand, it is ultimately answerable to the ruling body of the Central Bank, whose overriding goal is to maintain a stable and solvent financial system.
- However distasteful the theory may be, we have to admit that vicarious liability owes its explanation, if not its justification, to the search for a solvent defendant.
- Some examples of solvent chemicals are paint thinners, most penetrating sealers, D-Limonene, and alcohol.
- Four different solvent media were considered: octane, tetrahydrofuran, acetonitrile, and water.
- Sometimes surfactants are mixed into solvent sealers so that the residue will mix with water for easier cleanup afterwards.
- Recent developments include the use of resin soaps and solvent gels, tailored to interact only with specific resin varnishes and leave oil formulations unaffected.
- The tapes are available with solid adhesives or solvent acrylic and rubber adhesives.
- A solvent cleaner is usually effective for removing lipstick.
- Apply (do not rub) a solvent type cleaner by blotting it onto stain with a clean, white terrycloth washcloth.
- The lacquer thinner is used as a final wash (with solvent strippers) after you've finished stripping.
- The solvent action is terrific, even removing crud from three pistols I had just cleaned with my EEL - a real crunch test.
- All solvent strippers are regarded as health hazards.
1disolvente masculinesolvente masculine
- They're used in petroleum refining, removal of water from organic solvents, and other industrial processes.
- Since the tested flavonoids are not directly soluble in water, some organic solvents were used as agents for their dissolution.
- Due to the hydrophobic nature of elastin, this amorphous, cross-linked protein is insoluble in water and many organic solvents.
- Rubber cements or solvent cements are adhesives that contain organic solvents rather than water.
- For the statistical assessment of genotoxicity, the frequencies of each type of spot per fly were compared pairwise with the corresponding solvent or water control.
- Topics include chemical substances, principles of risk assessment, occupational asthma, solvents, and health surveillance.
- Most shoemakers work in big factories where conditions are usually unhealthy because of the noise and working with chemical substances such as glues, solvents and dressings.
- The solvent affected 350 metres of the watercourse reacting with the water in a similar way water does to oil, creating a grey film with rainbow effect on the surface.
- The ore is transported to sizers and breakers, where it is crushed, mixed with water and solvent, and fed into a hydrotransport pipeline.
- The triggering chemicals include multiple substances such as pesticides, solvents, perfumes, new carpets, automotive exhaust and tobacco smoke.
- Since they are not controlled substances, inhalants such as glue and other volatile solvents are easily obtainable by children and pose a significant health threat.
- TalstarOne multi-insecticide has no odorous or plant-damaging solvents because its formulation is water based and contains no alpha-cyano group.
- I use any of the black powder solvents or Ballistol mixed with a bit of water to do the initial clean-up to remove those corrosive primer salts.
- Some cleaning products, pesticides, solvents and lead in drinking water from old pipes can be dangerous to your baby.
- This observation complements the water stripping tendency of these solvents observed above.
- Dry Cleaning is by definition, cleaning with solvents and little or no water.
- Now rinse out your bearings with hot, soapy water to make sure you clear out all the solvent.
- To use, simply wipe paint from the brush, remove excess paint with the appropriate solvent, then rinse the brash with water and rub the head on Brash Soap to form a lather.
- Next, you fill the jar with solvent and water, put the lid on and shake side to side.
- Emulsion resins contain primarily water as the carrier with small amounts of solvent.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!