The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de pala
- What may be a surprise is that the bottom of your foot hurts, bruised from stepping on the hard metal of the spade or fork repeatedly.
- The traditional square blade of a spade may derive from its historical use as a tool to cut peat, sod or soft garden soil, none of which provide much resistance to the blade.
- Armed with their metal detectors, spades and uncontrollable imaginations the assembled horde scattered to all corners of the field in search of treasure.
- Others are harder to deal with and have to be cut with a knife or the sharp edge of a spade if the clump is big.
- An electric bench grinder is the most efficient way to recover the cutting edges on shovels, spades, hoes, and lawn mower blades.
- He prefers the Irish spade, with its longer, narrower blade, to English and American models.
- For a start, get a good spade, with a long enough handle for your height.
- He merely turned over huge clods of earth with one twist of a big spade and left them there, weeds still intact.
- A good man to handle a shovel or spade, Eddie went quietly about his business, a gentleman throughout his life.
- He said they left behind tools they had used to damage the trees including a saw, a spade and a fork.
- Some 30 pupils, all aged 13 or 14, picked up spades and shovels to improve the school's landscape.
- If there is a moment, I still get my spades, forks and secateurs and go out and do some work.
- Volunteers will be very welcome on Wednesday evening and every other Wednesday and they are asked to bring along a spade, shovel, rake or brush because the first evening will be a general clean up.
- The rules and regulations were explained and they were given basic digging implements - a spade and a fork.
- The hardware stores sold spades, forks, rakes and all sorts of farming implements.
- Approaches to dwelling houses and farms were cleared by men with spades and shovels - bulldozers weren't part of the scene for several years afterwards.
- Visitors seized the forks and spades that had been temptingly placed by a nasty patch of brambles and nettles and began to clear a new bed that will be used for pumpkins, sweet corn and tomatoes in a few weeks.
- Use a spading fork or shovel to lift clumps, then cut the clumps into sections with a spade, shovel, sharp knife, or pruning shears.
- Hand tools such as spades, shovels and sickles, which currently attracted a 16 per cent excise duty, would also be fully exempted.
- A few shiny buckets hung from a hook and some new tools, brushes, spades and shovels stood beside the door.
- The trump maker leads a spade which player A wins with the ace, becoming the first partner.
- The trumps are a suit of their own for suit following purposes - for example, in a normal game, the queen of spades is a trump, not a spade.
- The player to dealer's left leads any card except a spade to the first trick.
- If the knock card is a spade, the points are doubled
- If the player on lead has no ace, a spade must be led.
- If the first card is not a spade, then player 3 then plays a card.
- Consequently, when a player claims his seventh card, he should do this by putting it face up on top of the first six cards claimed, and it must be a spade.
- Also, because he knows that player two's card is already a spade, he turns over all the cards that aren't spades as well.
- You are not allowed to nominate a suit in which you have previously shown void - for example if you have previously discarded a diamond on a spade lead by someone else, you cannot later lead the joker and call it a spade.
- Player 3 is allowed to play the club even though he has a spade.
- In no trump bids, the two of spades resumes its normal function as a spade.
- If a spade is turned it is put back in the middle of the talon and the next card is turned up for trumps.
- For example, if you expose the queen of spades, then the first time that someone leads a spade you are not allowed to play the queen if you have other spades.
- Between equal ranked pairs, the pair containing the spade is higher, irrespective of the suit of the other card.
- He dropped a spade on the first card and looked at her as she tossed another on top of his.
- The other players must all play spades if they can, but players 2 and 3 have no spades and so are allowed to play other suits.
- Lots of low spades are usually good but can win lots of hearts.
- You have a pair of kings, three spades, and no chance for a straight.
- But suppose that after looking at your first four cards, they're all spades.
- Take out of the deck three clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades for every player.
1.2spades plural(suit)picas femeninospades are / is trumps — triunfan picas
- Because of the difference in score, clubs and diamonds are called the minor suits and hearts and spades are the major suits.
- Normally, a standard deck's 52 cards are divided equally among four suits: spades, clubs, diamonds, and hearts.
- If your pack of cards has no joker, the two of spades can be used as a substitute.
- Each heart scores one point, and the queen of spades scores 13 points.
- If at anytime the queen of spades is dealt face up, the game resets and the pot stays in.
- An Ace of hearts would lose to it, but a two of spades would beat the joker.
- He led the four of spades and East won with the king.
- The audience could see it was four of spades though not the magician.
- Some players play with only one joker, but use the deuce of spades as permanent second highest trump in the game.
- When the reserve cards are equal the suits rank in descending order: spades, hearts, diamonds, clubs.
- The Queen of spades may be placed only on the King of spades.
- Once the nine of spades is played, then the ten may be played, and so on.
- There is no ranking between the suits - so for example the king of hearts and the king of spades are equal.
- They cannot take a trick, and are great to have when you don't want to play that Queen of spades.
- In all four trump structures, the queen of clubs is the highest card, the 7 of trump second, and the queen of spades third.
- The trump suit is clubs if all three succeeded, hearts if two, spades if one or diamonds if no-one fulfilled their contract.
- If spades are trumps then an extra double is automatically applied to the final scores.
- In this case the player with the ace of spades can call.
- The ace of spades is the most powerful card, irrespective of what suit is trumps.
- Diamonds are highest, followed by clubs, then spades, then hearts.
2argot, malsonante despectivo(black person)negro masculinonegra femenino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!