The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of estofado
1estofado masculineguiso masculineto be/get in a stew — estar/ponerse nervioso
- No wonder they're in a stew - we keep occupying their territory.
- Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.
- Hadn't they gotten in a stew with her over him in the first place because of that?
- There are many people around here who think that the whole of this country is in a stew.
- When the government gets into a stew, it is the first role of an opposition to turn up the heat.
1(meat) estofar(meat) guisar(fruit) hacer compota de
- They can be used in spring salads; and their sweetness can be used to remove sourness from food, particularly fruit, so it is useful to add some when stewing rhubarb or gooseberries.
- Braising, steaming, poaching, stewing, and microwaving meats minimize the production of these chemicals.
- The chef swore that he did not add gourmet powder to the soup when we asked how he maintained such tasty flavors after stewing the dish on a fire for at least four hours.
- Simply blended with onion, herbs and salt, the lentils had been stewed until liquid.
- They are very versatile in cooking and can be baked, stewed or microwaved.
- The beef has been sufficiently stewed to soften its collagen, making it delectably chewable.
- These were stewed slowly with spices and beans.
- I diced an apple and mixed it with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a saucepan, and stewed it for awhile.
- Shrimp can be found fried, broiled, baked, and stewed.
- It is made using only beef or lamb bones, which are stewed for over 20 hours.
- I employed Lydia's help to cut and stew some apples for dessert.
- Fresh seafood was stewed in the juice of spices and dressed with lemon juice and vinegar.
- Good lotus root soup is stewed for hours and has a light pink colour.
- The shark's fin was first stewed for hours in sugar water.
- The legs are salted to pull out excess moisture, then stewed slowly in more duck fat flavoured with herbs.
- They didn't cook boiled cabbage, nor did they stew vegetables.
- The meat was stewed (much like roast beef) and seasoned with a slightly spicy gravy.
1(meat/fruit) cocerdon't let the tea stew — no dejes el té mucho tiempo en infusión
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!