The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de inmóvil
- The girl instantly ceased her movement, standing stock-still as she turned blazing eyes on Chris.
- I was standing stock-still, up to my waist in motionless water, in a deep cavern, totally blind.
- I caught a quick glimpse of Abby in the room, sitting stock-still, no movement apparent.
- As I was coming around a corner I ran into a large man heavily laden with camera equipment standing stock-still grinning at a tiny orange butterfly resting on his jeans right above his left knee.
- He sprinted back and forth many times; amazingly, his breathing remained even, and he could resume his singing as if he had been standing stock-still.
- Curiously, the footage of her performance on that day showed this audience not quite as keen - indeed, they stood stock-still and looked bemused.
- Even if the property market were to stand stock-still for years, you're better off owning your own home and paying off the mortgage.
- People stood stock-still and simply orated, their arms firmly bolted to their sides.
- I stand stock-still, too shocked to defend myself.
- He stands stock-still, and glances over the crowd.
- The figure stood stock-still, silent and unsuspecting.
- They may or may not have noticed the performers, standing stock-still and scattered throughout the room, whom they had to pass by in order to get to their seats.
- Miriam stands stock-still, a look of shock on her face.
- Sam dropped her hands from my shoulders and stood stock-still.
- There were some people standing stock-still a few feet from the tent.
- Even when her mother had come out and ranted about his rudeness and audacity, she stood stock-still.
- Instead, they stood stock-still, staring at something in the woods a short distance away.
- He bowed as well as he could in the crowded atmosphere and left her, standing stock-still in surprise.
- For a moment she stood stock-still and appeared to be sizing up the situation mentally.
- I desperately tried to hold my breath, to stay stock-still and make as little noise as I could.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!