The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of comerciante
1comerciante masculine, femininetendero masculinetendera feminine
- Ironmongers, specialist tool merchants, and general storekeepers retailed the products of a large and complex toolmaking industry.
- Both his father and his grandfather were storekeepers whose stock included painting materials.
- Like so many storekeepers, Thomas feels his watch shop would be a safer place if he had a gun with which to fend off armed robbers.
- They often had to translate or explain things to their parents, argue for their parents with English-speaking storekeepers, and in general become more knowledgeable and confident than their parents.
- Before then, farmers ran diversified farms because they wanted a sufficiency, wanted to produce enough to feed their families and to swap with neighbors and storekeepers for what they could not grow or make.
- Is there a parallel between taking up a storekeepers time by pretending to shop and ask prices for items we know we will not buy and dating the opposite sex with no intention of a committed relationship?
- It would be interesting to see a comparison of the catalog and store prices to learn what kind of markup the storekeepers had and to get a better idea of what a craftsman's tool kit cost him.
- I asked the storekeepers to either side where I might find him, but neither knew.
- The storekeeper was making us nervous because he knew we weren't serious about buying anything.
- Javier was summoning the storekeeper, a young man with a shock of black hair and white skin who was smoking behind the counter, when his gaze fell upon a pile of cassettes stacked haphazardly on top of the glass.
- I took that chance to grab two more peaches - one in each hand - and leave, but the storekeeper caught on quicker than I had thought he would.
- Simply put, the storekeeper who offers low prices and top quality will draw more customers and beat his competitors.
- Michael ran to the storekeeper and had him pack the snow globe, keeping the price tag separate, but hidden.
- He was making a living as a storekeeper in Oxford, and he had purchased a small farm a few miles outside of town.
- He proudly tells the storekeeper of the sweet shop that the sugar is for the mother of his firstborn son.
- They have talked with storekeepers, taxi drivers, street cleaners and bar staff, anyone who may have seen the incident.
- Along the coast, most merchants and storekeepers are of Indian or Arab descent.
- He contributed to the growth of the town through his own enterprise as a farmer, a storekeeper, and a manufacturer as well as through his diligent service as a public official.
- She turned around slowly, and saw a couple of guards talking to a storekeeper.
- On the streets, local gangs pressurise storekeepers to pay protection money on a daily, rather than weekly, basis.
- Industrial workers consist of operatives, maintenance workers, storekeepers, packers, cleaners, basic supervisory staff and apprentices.
- The army of typists, filing clerks, cashiers, accountants, storekeepers, and drivers had a low level of education, were inefficient, reluctant to take initiative, and imbued with an ethos of red tape and routinism.
- All junior workers, including cooks, laundry hands, storekeepers, clerks and other non-medical junior staff are involved in the strike.
- With increasing pressure on his time, he passed over the day to day responsibilities to one of his ablest and most enthusiastic assistants, the former storekeeper of the hospital.
- The major ended his days as a storekeeper in a London factory after being relieved of command of the Polish Parachute Brigade after the disastrous Operation Market Garden during the Second World War.
- He had previously worked for British Rail as a storekeeper in Swindon and was employed as a packer in December 2002.
- She is unique to me in that she always dresses so ‘man-ish’, works as a storekeeper in a large industrial part of town, driving a forklift and loading huge boxes onto trucks for hours.
- Some 1,400 printing workers at the printing company went on strike on August 27 to demand reinstatement of a company storekeeper.
- Tim was a storekeeper on the fast frigate USS Wadsworth.
- He specialized as a storekeeper in the air cargo unit.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!