The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1marejada ciclónica feminine
- A storm surge at high tide destroyed the dukes and killed more than 1800 people.
- My mother insists the storm was so fierce a tidal wave came ashore, not just a storm surge.
- We're going to have to deal with the storm surge, the wind and the rainfall throughout this event.
- And we're going to have to talk about the hazard, the storm surge, the winds and the rainfall.
- The right front quadrant contains the highest storm surge, the strongest winds.
- A storm surge is primarily caused by the wind pushing the sea towards the coast, but can also be coupled with low air pressure.
- The storm's impending landfall has sent millions of people inland to escape fierce winds and a deadly storm surge.
- These winds caused a storm surge and extensive wave action.
- That's where the storm surge and the winds are going to be strongest.
- We have this concern at the coast for the storm surge and the winds, but we have just as great a concern inland for some very heavy rain.
- Hurricanes can bring destruction on an unimaginable scale, and most of the devastation is caused by the storm surge that often occurs with a hurricane.
- On the foreshore at Beachmere, the storm surge deposited boats in tree-tops.
- The storm was accompanied by an extraordinary storm surge, with water levels metres above normal, and also by huge waves.
- Of 19 cyclone-related deaths in Mackay, most drowned in the storm surge.
- Many of the victims were killed by the accompanying storm surge.
- Just how much damage depends, of course, on the size of the storm surge that comes ashore with Rita.
- Yet this storm, even though it's weaker, will have a larger storm surge because its circulation is much bigger.
- Above, residents survey damage caused by the hurricane and its storm surge.
- The real challenge for us would be to handle any kind of a storm surge or any hurricane that came close to the city.
- While the winds were not as high, the storm surge actually exceeded Camille considerably.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!