The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1libro de cuentos masculinea storybook romance — un romance de cuento de hadas
- It was the perfect ending to a storybook season, that saw the 17-year-old Russian dethrone Williams at Wimbledon to become the darling of the tennis world.
- Another thing that I cannot stand are the other kids my age who are the storybook image of what perfect is supposed to be.
- In August 1972, her father's failed attempt to overthrow King Hassan brought an abrupt end to nineteen-year-old Malika's storybook youth.
- And, in storybook fashion, he recovered sufficiently to play a starring role as England claimed the World Cup in 1999.
- Do you own a twee, high-ceilinged, airy old-fashioned storybook home near York that you plan to leave for a few days next month?
- Days disappeared in a flurry of sea and sand and the evenings became storybook forays to find a beach where we could barbecue sausages and toast marshmallows.
- This study provides students a clear example of how technological choices are not the storybook cases of perfected innovations replacing hopelessly outclassed traditional methods.
- Sir Malcolm was a charismatic, storybook figure, who combined fierce ambition with a playful sense of adventure - as his expedition in 1926 to find buried treasure on the Cocos Islands showed.
- Movies often portray this same storybook image - that falling in love is really just that: falling, out of control, toward that one person who is meant to be with you and you alone.
- After all, they reasoned, the tall ceilings, deep moldings, and storybook wraparound front porch made the house a good candidate for remodeling.
- Just five years after the triumphant New York to Paris flight, his storybook life began to unravel when his infant son was kidnapped.
- We're on a misty riverbank, with lush, flowering trees and towering storybook castles in the background.
- It was a charming wedding, filled with storybook happiness and, nine months later, I arrived.
- In short, she was your everyday, run of the mill, storybook best pal - like the friends you get in Enid Blighton books or Disney films.
- The Dodgers' storybook season ended in defeat at the hands of the Yankees.
- Our culture is also to blame, Huston says, for perpetuating the myth of storybook romance, which is more likely to doom a marriage than strengthen it.
- Ilsa too is fresh-faced, much less mysterious in her motives; only Victor's storybook idealism is chiefly unaffected by the full lighting.
- Pantano also boasts a storybook life: After serving in the Marines as an enlisted man and graduating from New York University, he embarked on careers on Wall Street and then as a TV producer.
- Much of the credit for crafting the team's storybook season has gone to the coach, who demanded and got a superhuman work ethic from his players as they knocked off division leaders three times to advance to the final.
- The more time I spend with J, the more he becomes my role model… he's successful beyond belief, and throughout his storybook journey has remained gracious, down to earth and friendly.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!