The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of polizón
1polizón masculine, feminine
- They inspected recently installed systems for detecting stowaways on vehicles.
- Many of the drivers complain that they had no reason to suspect their vehicles contained stowaways.
- He soon finds himself sailing away from the port in the Melissa, one of the world's most luxurious cruise ships, not as a stowaway but as a legitimate passenger.
- Some 15 stowaways were found on-board a freighter.
- Those of us brought up on the romantic fiction of Robert Louis Stevenson or John Buchan tend to think of stowaways on more exotic voyages: Bristol to Barbados, say, or Southampton to Shanghai.
- He said that the equipment - used to spot people hidden in lorries - was also needed at the rail freight yard, near Calais, because trains are also used by stowaways.
- Both of them went to Seoul as stowaways on a train.
- Last year, some 9,465 stowaways were caught, down 18 per cent on the figure for the previous year.
- The force revealed that, in July, August and September last year, 181 stowaways had been discovered.
- Company bosses expressed surprise after three stowaways were found under the carriage of a train.
- They made it back to Florida as stowaways on a boat, with nothing more than the clothes they stood up in.
- The stowaways were discovered when the lorry in which they were travelling was stopped during a routine search at the entrance to the base.
- He attempted to sneak into the United States as a stowaway on a tramp steamer.
- Four eccentric stowaways sneak on board an ocean liner bound for New York , and try to keep one step ahead of the suspicious first mate.
- All vehicles will be screened before entering the state to detect stowaways.
- Hiding aboard were stowaways who jumped ashore at every opportunity.
- The two stowaways were found hiding in a locker room after climbing up the anchor chain.
- The stowaway scaled a 2.5-metre fence to reach the aircraft.
- The tale of a well-mannered, marmalade-loving stowaway has been updated without losing any of its charm.
- Before the train even leaves the station it has not one , but two stowaways on board.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!